Print Preview vs Print (1 Viewer)

tomc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:24
I have a form where users enter information into a table and then print labels for what they have entered. They need to be able to choose which records to print labels for.

To do that I have put a checkbox on the form to say print a label. After the label prints I run an update query to remove the check from the records.

My problem is that tif there is a problem spotted in the print preview, e.g., a misspelling, when they close the preview it removes the check and they then have to search and replace the checks. Is there a way to not remove the checks until the labels actually print? Is there a better way to do what I'm trying to do? Any and all help is always appreciated.

Tom

tomc

Registered User.
Local time
A little more explanation

A user can enter data first thing in the day and then enter more later in the morning, etc., and print mid-day. Then they can enter more in the pm and print at the end of the day. I have set the label query to only select the records with the checkbox checked and then to change the checkbox from yes to no.

Hope all this is understandable.

Tom

XP A2K

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:24
Why not use a date parameter to choose what records to print? That way you won't need to worry about deeping print flags updated.

tomc

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks, Pat,

I wanted to stay away from parameters if possible. As it is, the user will need to search on the input date field to reset the print flag if something such as a printer jam occurs. Also, a user may enter new records thoughout the day but may only print two or three times per day. Querying by date would cause the last printing session to reprint up those labels printed earlier in the day.

Thanks, again,

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom