Printer problem (1 Viewer)

Harrybrigham

Local time
Today, 19:31
I have an HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-one printer. Everything on it is working except the centring of the printout. The top margin is 3 inches wide. How can I reduce this to previously normal half an inch.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:31
maybe there is a "key" combination that can reset the setting.
ask google.

Harrybrigham

Local time
I followed your advice and googled. Yes I got into the various ways to try to align the page. unfortunately all to no avail. It looks like I shall have to buy a new printer when the covid pandemic is over. Any advice as to which one would be best for just home use. Thanks for your input.

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:31
Before you trash the printer, try to use its features outside of Access. For instance, it's an All-In-One. So... copy something and see if it aligns correctly. Scan something and look at the properties of the thing just scanned. Print something using Wordpad, which allows you to set page margins. Or use Word. The point is to differentiate between an Access problem and a busted printer.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:31
I see that, Arnel, but I'm still working on the idea that SOMETHING is printing incorrectly so I'm trying to isolate the printer's malfunction. But my question DID have a little "Access spin" on it so for confusing anyone, I apologize but point out that if you are confused, I'm usually right there with you.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:31
I would start with printer buttons and set the printer back to factory specs. After that work out any software issues.

Harrybrigham

Local time
I tried all the things you mentioned. I thought "back to factory specs might do the trick, but no good.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Did you print a test page from the printer using the buttons? if so how did it look?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I would be contacting HP support?

FrankRuperto

Local time
Today, 15:31
Centered.PNG

Harrybrigham

Local time

FrankRuperto

When I go to print the panel does not show a margin preference. By stopping "fit to page" I managed to bring down the printed page a little, but still not enough to make a decent copy. Thanks for your help.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Try deleting the printer and rebooting the computer.
That should reinstall the printer again.

Try updating the driver. I still think you should contact HP. If anyone knows the printer, it should be them?

I had a problem with my Brother printer not switching on and contacted them. They told me how to fix it, though there does seem a problem with the printer, so also told me the nearest repair centre.

FrankRuperto

Local time
Today, 15:31

When I go to print the panel does not show a margin preference. By stopping "fit to page" I managed to bring down the printed page a little, but still not enough to make a decent copy. Thanks for your help.​

Margin settings are not available when fit to page is selected. If you changed to scaling and you still can't set margins, then something is wrong with your printer driver and I suggest you download the latest driver version and install it. Most default printer settings center the content and auto fit everything.

harpygaggle

Registered User.
Local time
Hi there, what's the update? Did you already fix your printer or do you still need to buy a new one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom