problem setting criteria (1 Viewer)

laurat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:05
I have been asked to make a change to a report in an already existing database. This report is based off of a query and only shows records that do not have a value for a Date Closed field. This all works correctly. However, some records are marked void along the way (by checking a box titled VOID). The users do not want these records to appear on the report. I thought this would be easy at first by setting the criteria of the VOID field ="No". The problem is that this then shows no records because there are no records with the value of "No". I thought about setting the default value of the VOID field to "No" (so they would appear on the report unless the box was checked and the value would then be "Yes" therefore taking them off the report) but than realized this will only solve the problem when new records are entered, it will not affect the already existing records. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to set the criteria so the report will show the Open records (no Close Date) and records that are not VOID?? Thanks in advance.

RV

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:05
Add this condition to your query:

YourTableName.YouColumnName = 0

RV

P.S. 0 (zero) is standing for False ("No")
-1 is standing for True ("Yes")

R

Rich

There are no quotes around yes/no it's simply No or False or 0

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:05
The defaulat value of the Void field seems to be null rather than False (0). So the criteria would be:

Is Null or =0

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom