Problem when printing report (1 Viewer)

Bosve

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:46
I have a report that I use for printing labels. The problem is the first row of labels are perfect but the second row and further the labels are moved by 1cm downwards, the second row is then moved 2cm...:eek:
Any tips why the report does that?

SteveSchapel

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:46
Bosve,

It often takes quite a bit of playing around with labels to get them exactly right. In your case, it sounds like the Height of the report section for the labels is bigger then the actual size of the labels. Try squeezing up the design of the report.

Bosve

Registered User.
Local time
Bosve,

It often takes quite a bit of playing around with labels to get them exactly right. In your case, it sounds like the Height of the report section for the labels is bigger then the actual size of the labels. Try squeezing up the design of the report.
I tried that still I have the same problem.

SteveSchapel

Registered User.
Local time
Bosve,

Do you have a Group Header or Footer section on the report design?

Are you able to zip and attach a sample database file to illustrate this problem. Without looking at it, I can't think of any explanation.

If you do upload, can you also please let us know what size labels you are printing to?

Bosve

Registered User.
Local time
Bosve,

Do you have a Group Header or Footer section on the report design?

Are you able to zip and attach a sample database file to illustrate this problem. Without looking at it, I can't think of any explanation.

If you do upload, can you also please let us know what size labels you are printing to?
The size of the labels I use is 10,5cm W x 7,5cm H cm

Last edited:

SteveSchapel

Registered User.
Local time
Bosve,

In design view of the report, go to File|Page Setup menu. Under the 'Columns' tab, notice that you have a Row Spacing setting of 1,6 cm. If you can change that to 0, your labels will come differently. Does that help?

Bosve

Registered User.
Local time
No, the problem is still there. For every row labels move up for about 2mm

SteveSchapel

Registered User.
Local time
Bosve,

Up by 2mm!? That's not what you said originally. Originally you said down by 1cm. So has it changed?

If you have the Row Spacing set to 0, and the height of the labels is 7.5cm, and there's no margin between the physical labels, then the height of the Detail section of the report should be 7.5cm.

Unfortunately I can't really give it a good test, as with the file you sent I get a whole string of partameter prompts and error messages about mussing files and whatnot, which I don't really have time to try and track down and correct for. But if you keep fiddling with the settings in the report design, and note what difference they make, it will help you sort it out eventually.

Bosve

Registered User.
Local time
Bosve,

Up by 2mm!? That's not what you said originally. Originally you said down by 1cm. So has it changed?

If you have the Row Spacing set to 0, and the height of the labels is 7.5cm, and there's no margin between the physical labels, then the height of the Detail section of the report should be 7.5cm.

Unfortunately I can't really give it a good test, as with the file you sent I get a whole string of partameter prompts and error messages about mussing files and whatnot, which I don't really have time to try and track down and correct for. But if you keep fiddling with the settings in the report design, and note what difference they make, it will help you sort it out eventually.

Yes after fiddling with it after a couple of hours I managed to get it down to a 2mm but the problem is still there. I uploaded a new DB but there are still many incorrections with the code but if you start the form and then choose from two comboboxes and then preview the report then you can fiddle with it without the errors.

Attachments

• fruitsDB.zip
    48.9 KB · Views: 82

Bosve

Registered User.
Local time
I tried fiddling with all the margins, row spacings... and nothing helps.
I thnik it is the marginal at the bottom that is the issue. If I set it to 0 it automatically changes that to 4,23mm as that it the bottom limit for the printer. The problem is the report somehow spiltes that per row so each row gets extra 4mm at the bottom which causes the text to move upwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom