Problem with Access 2007 online "testdrive!" (1 Viewer)

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 22:47
This is kind of unusual, but since it's about a potentially really bad thing I thought I'd put it here. A poster on another forum took the Access 2007 online "testdrive" today and since has not been able to open up any of her Access 2003 databases.

The real kicker is that M$ offered the online version as opposed to allowing the downloading of a demo version because downloading a test version was supposed to cause this sort of thing, while an online version wasn't supposed to!

http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/For...ine-test-drive

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 19:47
I don't know why that would happen as it is run via Citrix, which, unless I don't know any better (and that's entirely possible), shouldn't affect any product installations on the machine running the Citrix session. I ran the test drive and had no problems with any of my previous version databases.

I'm wondering if it is just a coincidence and something else is actually a problem. I guess she could try repairing her installation.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 22:47
Of course it's possible that it's just a coincidence, Bob. But then again, it it Micro$oft, and as my dear departed Grandpa used to say, they could @&#$ up an anvil! I still remember Windows98, when they had to send out a software patch for the software patch they'd sent out a short time before!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom