Solved Problem with Cross Tab Query (1 Viewer)

tihmir

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:03
Hi all.
I have the following problem: When I define the parameter in the Cross Tab Query "[Forms]![fm_Reports]![cboEmployee] and make column expression: [tbl_12Inspections.Employee]=[forms]![fm_Reports]![cboEmployee] Or [forms]![fm_Reports]![cboEmployee] Is Null, I can NOT see all records they gone until I choose Employee from cboEmployee. But I want to see all records IF my combobox is Null.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Please post the SQL statement for your crosstab query.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 15:03
try this criteria:

[tbl_12Inspections.Employee]=IIF(IsNull([forms]![fm_Reports]![cboEmployee]), [tbl_12Inspections.Employee],[forms]![fm_Reports]![cboEmployee])

tihmir

Registered User.
Local time
Please post the SQL statement for your crosstab query.
Code:
PARAMETERS [Forms]![fm_12Reports]![txtFrom] DateTime, [Forms]![fm_12Reports]![txtTo] DateTime, [Forms]![fm_12Reports]![cboEmployee] Text ( 255 );
SELECT tbl_12ObjectType.ObjectID,
tbl_12ObjectType.ObjectType,
tbl_12Inspections.DateT,
tbl_12Inspections.Employee, tbl_12Objects.Municipality,
tbl_12Objects.City,
tbl_12Inspections.InspectionType,
Sum([qry_12-Samples-1].[KA-CTA]) AS KA,
Sum([qry_12-Samples-1].[KD-KD123]) AS KD,
Sum([qry_12-Samples-1].[KSP-KSP123]) AS KSP,
Sum([qry_12-Samples-1].[MCh-123]) AS MCh,
Sum([qry_12-Samples-1].[HK-HK123]) AS HK
FROM
(tbl_12ObjectType LEFT JOIN tbl_12Objects ON tbl_12ObjectType.ObjectType = tbl_12Objects.ObjectType)
LEFT JOIN
(tbl_12Inspections LEFT JOIN [qry_12-Samples-1] ON tbl_12Inspections.InspectionID = [qry_12-Samples-1].InspectionID)
ON
tbl_12Objects.ObjectID = tbl_12Inspections.ObjectID
WHERE (((IIf([Forms]![fm_12Reports]![txtFrom] Is Null And [forms]![fm_12Reports]![txtTo] Is Null,True,IIf([Forms]![fm_12Reports]![txtFrom] Is Not Null
And [forms]![fm_12Reports]![txtTo] Is Not Null,[DateT] Between [Forms]![fm_12Reports]![txtFrom] And [Forms]![fm_12Reports]![txtTo],[DateT]>=[forms]![fm_12Reports]![txtFrom]
Or [DateT]<=[forms]![fm_12Reports]![txtTo])))=True) AND (([tbl_12Inspections.Employee]=[forms]![fm_12Reports]![cboEmployee] Or [forms]![fm_12Reports]![cboEmployee] Is Null)=True))
GROUP BY tbl_12ObjectType.ObjectID, tbl_12ObjectType.ObjectType, tbl_12Inspections.DateT, tbl_12Inspections.Employee, tbl_12Objects.Municipality, tbl_12Objects.City, tbl_12Inspections.InspectionType;

tihmir

Registered User.
Local time
try this criteria:

[tbl_12Inspections.Employee]=IIF(IsNull([forms]![fm_Reports]![cboEmployee]), [tbl_12Inspections.Employee],[forms]![fm_Reports]![cboEmployee])
Same problem again!
When the cbo is empty and no records are displayed in the query. When I select an employee from the cbo , only records for the employee appear!

I wonder why when I use this criteria for range Date everything works:
Code:
IIf([Forms]![fm_12Reports]![txtFrom] Is Null And [forms]![fm_12Reports]![txtTo] Is Null;True;
IIf([Forms]![fm_12Reports]![txtFrom] Is Not Null And [forms]![fm_12Reports]![txtTo] Is Not Null;
[DateT] Between [Forms]![fm_12Reports]![txtFrom] And [Forms]![fm_12Reports]![txtTo];
[DateT]>=[forms]![fm_12Reports]![txtFrom] Or [DateT]<=[forms]![fm_12Reports]![txtTo]))
But When I add the second criteria, the records disappear:
Code:

Last edited:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Code:
PARAMETERS [Forms]![fm_12Reports]![txtFrom] DateTime, [Forms]![fm_12Reports]![txtTo] DateTime, [Forms]![fm_12Reports]![cboEmployee] Text ( 255 );
SELECT tbl_12ObjectType.ObjectID,
tbl_12ObjectType.ObjectType,
tbl_12Inspections.DateT,
tbl_12Inspections.Employee, tbl_12Objects.Municipality,
tbl_12Objects.City,
tbl_12Inspections.InspectionType,
Sum([qry_12-Samples-1].[KA-CTA]) AS KA,
Sum([qry_12-Samples-1].[KD-KD123]) AS KD,
Sum([qry_12-Samples-1].[KSP-KSP123]) AS KSP,
Sum([qry_12-Samples-1].[MCh-123]) AS MCh,
Sum([qry_12-Samples-1].[HK-HK123]) AS HK
FROM
(tbl_12ObjectType LEFT JOIN tbl_12Objects ON tbl_12ObjectType.ObjectType = tbl_12Objects.ObjectType)
LEFT JOIN
(tbl_12Inspections LEFT JOIN [qry_12-Samples-1] ON tbl_12Inspections.InspectionID = [qry_12-Samples-1].InspectionID)
ON
tbl_12Objects.ObjectID = tbl_12Inspections.ObjectID
WHERE (((IIf([Forms]![fm_12Reports]![txtFrom] Is Null And [forms]![fm_12Reports]![txtTo] Is Null,True,IIf([Forms]![fm_12Reports]![txtFrom] Is Not Null
And [forms]![fm_12Reports]![txtTo] Is Not Null,[DateT] Between [Forms]![fm_12Reports]![txtFrom] And [Forms]![fm_12Reports]![txtTo],[DateT]>=[forms]![fm_12Reports]![txtFrom]
Or [DateT]<=[forms]![fm_12Reports]![txtTo])))=True) AND (([tbl_12Inspections.Employee]=[forms]![fm_12Reports]![cboEmployee] Or [forms]![fm_12Reports]![cboEmployee] Is Null)=True))
GROUP BY tbl_12ObjectType.ObjectID, tbl_12ObjectType.ObjectType, tbl_12Inspections.DateT, tbl_12Inspections.Employee, tbl_12Objects.Municipality, tbl_12Objects.City, tbl_12Inspections.InspectionType;
Thanks. That's a little too much to just read and decipher. Are you able to post a sample db with test data?

tihmir

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks. That's a little too much to just read and decipher. Are you able to post a sample db with test data?
Okay, I'm going to rewrite a bit of the database into English because it's in Cyrillic.
Thank you all for your help!

tihmir

Registered User.
Local time
I attach a a simple database.
What I am trying to do is to extract the required result through three queries. With query one I do the filtration and query 3 I use it for my report. I can't think of any other way to do this. I also attach a photo to show what I want the end result to be.
Report.png

Attachments

• DB (1).accdb
    4.7 MB · Views: 78

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 15:03
i am using Query when you press the button on your fmFilter form.
you need to make your Report's Label/textboxes dynamic because
some inspector has fewer/ or many columns to show.

Attachments

• DB (1) (1).accdb
    6.3 MB · Views: 94

tihmir

Registered User.
Local time
i am using Query when you press the button on your fmFilter form.
you need to make your Report's Label/textboxes dynamic because
some inspector has fewer/ or many columns to show.
Thank you again arnelgp! With your code and the improvements you made еverything works perfectly. I greatly appreciate your help, the time you take to help me and the other members of this forum. Your tips and tutorials are very valuable to me!

Regarding difficulties I had with the Report, I changed the strategy and look of one of the tables by merging two columns into one so I could bypass the cross table query so I can safely add the two criteria. What do I mean, I changed the columns in a table by adding the five varieties of tblSampling like each variety I created it as a separate column in which to directly record the numerical sampling.

Thank you all for your time and help again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom