problem with graph not refreshing (1 Viewer)

DavidAtWork

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:48
I have a graph inserted on a Page on a tab control. If I am on the main Page and select the graph page, the graph shows the correct data for that record, but if I remain on the graph page and use the naivigation buttons to move to next or previous, the graph just disappears and doesn't refresh.
I've tried all sorts of coding in the OnCurrent event, but to no avail. Methods I've tried after establishing that the graph page is the active page are mostly around the
Forms!frmMain.Graph1.Requery
the code executes but the graph doesn't refresh until you select another page and return to the graph page, you can click on the graph and then click on another control and the graph refreshes and I've tried to replicate these actions by using the .SetFocus method, but it doesn't work

Anyone had this problem.
I'm using Access 2003 (still on only 2003 groan) with Win 7
The graph is sourced using the query builder and the recordID criteria is pointing to the current recordID
I guess I could use a workaround and while on the graph page, hide the navigation buttons forcing the user to select a different page to make the navigation buttons to become visible again, but that doesn't seem a very user friendly solution

David

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 01:48
Could you post your database with some sample data + description how to reproduce that behaviour?

DavidAtWork

Registered User.
Local time
JHB, thank you for the interest, but posting the database is not feasible as it links to a SQL server back end at Startup. I could try to create a stand alone version but that would take some time to put together. I'll see what I can do

David

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Okay - I'll wait for that, you could create a table, one for the main form and one for the graph.

DavidAtWork

Registered User.
Local time
JHB, I have created a sample DB which behaves as described. If you open the main form and then select the Graph page and use the navigation buttons to go to the next record, the graph does not update whereas the other pages do.

Attachments

• GraphTest.mdb
    1.4 MB · Views: 65

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Are you sure the graph does not update, then by me it does.
Navigation buttons I suppose you mean what I've marked with a red "circle".

Attachments

• UpdateGraph.jpg
    UpdateGraph.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 156

DavidAtWork

Registered User.
Local time
JHB, I'm using Access 2003 and can only get the graph to update by going to another tab (page) first. Judging by your screen shot, you are using a more recent version of Access, am I correct?

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Yes MS-Access 2010 version, I wasn't aware of that should be a problem, I'll try in MS-Access 2000 version, but first tomorrow then I've an appointment now.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
If you can live with a little flicker then try it now.

Attachments

• GraphTest1.zip
    239.5 KB · Views: 67

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
You're welcome, good luck. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom