Problem with Path (1 Viewer)

Bee

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:05
Hi,

I have creatd an excel sheet that imports data from a query. I changed database location and changed the path by going to Data > import external data > edit query to reflect the new location. I saved and double checked that the path is the right path.

However, whenever I press the refresh data button, a message pops up showing the old path and says. "could not find file c:\......etc" . When I check the path in the 'query', the path looks right. I don't understand what's wrong:mad:

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Regards,
B

lightray

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:05
If I understand you right, the data is going FROM a query TO a spreadsheet.
Shouldn't the file location be in the spreadsheet?

Bee

Registered User.
Local time
lightray said:
If I understand you right, the data is going FROM a query TO a spreadsheet.
Shouldn't the file location be in the spreadsheet?
It's in the spreadsheet.

lightray

Registered User.
Local time
Is the file still on your C:\ drive or a server?

I have replicated your problem by moving my mdb, updating the directory and it refreshes fine, on my C:\ Are you sure the directory location is correct? can you post it?

Bee

Registered User.
Local time
lightray said:
Is the file still on your C:\ drive or a server?

I have replicated your problem by moving my mdb, updating the directory and it refreshes fine, on my C:\ Are you sure the directory location is correct? can you post it?
It's working now even though I did not change anything! When I try to import data from my database to Excel. I don't see all the queries in the DB end. Do you know why is that please? Also, a folder called 'My data sources' was created automatically in my documents folder! What is that?

Thank you,

lightray

Registered User.
Local time
I don't know why you can't see all queries, I have discovered the same thing. Perhaps it is the nature of the query that doesn't allow it to be linked.

Re: 'My Data Sources' as the name implies it is a link folder to your Data Sources. This folder will be automatically generated when you create your first link and used for any others. I do not know the nature of all the files in there. However I suggest if any files or the folder were deleted your spreadsheet would not work.

You didn't mention if your mdb was on a server.

lightray

Bee

Registered User.
Local time
lightray said:
I don't know why you can't see all queries, I have discovered the same thing. Perhaps it is the nature of the query that doesn't allow it to be linked.

Re: 'My Data Sources' as the name implies it is a link folder to your Data Sources. This folder will be automatically generated when you create your first link and used for any others. I do not know the nature of all the files in there. However I suggest if any files or the folder were deleted your spreadsheet would not work.

You didn't mention if your mdb was on a server.

lightray
My mdb is not on a server yet. Is there any potential problem by putting on a server?
Is there any way around why I can't see all queries please?

Last edited:

lightray

Registered User.
Local time
Look at what type of queries, are the ones that you can not see. This might give you an idea. I'm sorry but I don't know enough in this area. Perhaps someone else can help?:)

Bee

Registered User.
Local time
lightray said:
Look at what type of queries, are the ones that you can not see. This might give you an idea. I'm sorry but I don't know enough in this area. Perhaps someone else can help?:)
It's alright lightray. Thank you for your help:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom