Problem with SQL server back-end. (1 Viewer)

shwan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:07
I have a dedicated machine with with windows server 2019 installed and sql server 2019. I also have multiple client PCs (Laptops) with access front-end installed and ODBC driver 18 n on them, every thing is connected using ethernet, a router and a ethernet switch. Everything works fine, except for this issue: whenever there is a period of inactivity in the already opened access application, there seems to be a loss of connection between access and sql server, the access application will freeze for a moment, then it will work fine again.

Checking error logs on the server side, I see several 17836 errors "Length specified in network packet payload did not match number of bytes read; the connection has been closed. Please contact the vendor of the client library. [CLIENT: ::1], I guess this is related to my problem.

Any sql server/network expert who can help? is this normal behavious of access? !

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:07
It looks like that isn't coming from an external IP. The Client IP being reported is 1 which looks ~"interesting" ?

Do you have antivirus on that machine? If so I would stop it scanning the SQL server folders.

Some more detailed help here
and here;

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
It's the sam OP in that thread - so effectively cross-posted.
Anyhow, if it's local host reported as the client, I would definitely suspect AV or something Network port scanning?

SQL_Hell

SQL Server DBA
Local time
Is the auto close property on your SQL database set to true?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom