Problem with Subform not updating (1 Viewer)

HealthyB1

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:48
G'day,
I have a dbase with 5 tables N_Customers, N_Orders, N_Products, N_Timequoted and Employees.
I am trying to build a form showing Customer Name, a subform1 with list of Orders and then for each order a subform "Products" with the list of the parts used and finally subform3 "Labour" with the name of the tradesperson and the hours expended on that order number.

It all seems to work if I increment customer record in that all 3 subforms update their data. However if I increment the record for the Orders subform the Products subform updates and shows the parts used on each order as expected, however the Labour subform does not update with name of the employee and the hours worked.
I suspect I need refresh the Labour subform whenever the Order subform record is incremented or changed. But I am not sure how to trigger that event, Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have attached a cut down copy of the dBase. :banghead:

Attachments

• CustomerOrders.accdb
    768 KB · Views: 62

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:18
I recommend you look at the data models here and here. I feel you are missing an Orderdetail table( Customer_Order_Products in model 1) and (Order_Items) in the second model.

Since you are dealing with

Quotes, Orders and Invoices you may wish to review supertype/subtype concepts. Here's a link to a general set up.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom