Problems with combo boxes... (1 Viewer)

MSUKevin

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:08
This issue has been driving me bananas so if someone could help I would really appreciate it!!!

I have created a database to track sales. I have a table called "transactions" and a table called "Transaction Details". The setup is very similar to the orders entry sample database. What I am having problems with is that I want to have a combo box list the product name and price per unit. I am able to build the combo box in my transaction details subform through the product ID field that is based off of my products table that, when opened, shows two columns - one with the product name and the other - the price. What I can't figure out how to do is to get the selected price in the combo box into the unit price text box next to the combo box.

I have the the same setup as the order entry database but I can't see how they were able to perform this operation!?!?!

If anyone could help with this problem I would really appreciate it!!!

Thanks in advance...

charityg

Registered User.
Local time
combobox afterupdate
me!unitprice=combobox.column(2)
If you have the ID, Product, and price in that order in the underlying query for the combobox, then column(2) should contain the price information.

MSUKevin

Registered User.
Local time
Since I'm new to this I want to make sure I understand this so could you tell me where:

combobox afterupdate
me!unitprice=combobox.column(2)

This is put in? Is it in VBA?

I am extremely green with this so a little clarification would really be appreciated!!

Thanx in advance...

Matthew Snook

NW Salmon Database
Local time
"AfterUpdate" is an event of your combobox (or any other control).

Matt

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:08
Please don't post the same question multiple times. It just wastes our time.

MSUKevin

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry about the wasted time... but thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom