Programatically Export Access Data to DBF (1 Viewer)

crhodus

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:29
I was wondering if anyone has an example or can point me to any example of exporting data from an Access query into a DBF file. My users would like to be able to generate a dbf file that they can use as a Mail Merge file in MS Word or use this file for other applications.

What I'm working on is having a query run that will pull data from my tables into a temporary Access table that I've created. After this data is in the temp table, I want to have the data automatically exported into a new dbf file that the user can then name and give the location where they want it saved at.

Thanks,
crhodus

AlanS

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:29
Check the online help for the TransferDatabase action and the TransferDatabase method of the DoCmd object, either of which will export data from Access to various other formats, including .dbf files. You don't even need to bother with a temporary table - you can simply export directly from a select query.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:29
You also don't need to export to a .dbf to use mail merge. You can do it from within Access.

crhodus

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:29
Thanks for telling me what to seach for. Once I get the data they need out of Access, I want them to have it so that I don't have to deal with any of their label problems and questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom