Property Sheet Issue (1 Viewer)

mkdrep

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:18
this will probably be an easy fix, but for the life of me I can't seem to resolve "it".

In the design mode of a report or form, the property sheet and add existing field used to stay "attached" to the report or form. However, now both the property sheet and add existing fields boxes act as pop up boxes. I have attached a (.jpg) to try and show the issue.

In the past, these two boxes were always to the right of the form and "attached" to the form in design mode. It would "travel" between my two monitors with the form I was designing. Now the property sheet stays on one monitor when I move the Access database form I am designing to the second monitor. I have to drag the property sheet from the first monitor over to the second monitor.

I must have inadvertently hit a key to cause this to happen, but I have no clue how to revert back.

thank you in advance for the help

Attachments

• Property_sheet_issue.jpg
    Property_sheet_issue.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 52

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 05:18
One always overwrites the other on my laptops?

mkdrep

Registered User.
Local time
I don't understand your reply, Gasman.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I read that as you have two separate windows, one for fields and the other for properties.?

I have one window, in which it changes depeon my selection.?

Have you tried arranging as required, then saving the form in design mode, closing and then reopening.?

mkdrep

Registered User.
Local time
In answer to your reply:

I read that as you have two separate windows, one for fields and the other for properties? Yes That is correct

I have one window, in which it changes depeding on my selection? That is what I used to have and I am trying to find out how to get back to that

Have you tried arranging as required, then saving the form in design mode, closing and then reopening? Yes, I have and it does not fix the problem.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:18
Hi. Have you tried dragging the property sheet to dock it to the edge of the screen?

mkdrep

Registered User.
Local time
that did it. Thank you. i knew it would be a simple fix! lol

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
theDBguy,

Any ideas on how to get two separate windows for those, instead of one overwriting the other for me?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:18
theDBguy,

Any ideas on how to get two separate windows for those, instead of one overwriting the other for me?
Unfortunately, nothing I am aware of other than opening two instances of Access itself. Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom