Protecting a Word Document (1 Viewer)

LadyDi

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:19
I have several legal forms that are sent out to salesreps in Word format. I know that I can protect these forms, so that data cannot be modified. However, I recently found out that people can still cut important information out of these forms. Is there a way that I can prevent people from being able to cut information out of a Word document?

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Today, 17:19
Hi. When you create your forms using the Forms Toolbar you will notice a padlock at the end of the toolbar. Once you have completed the form, click on the padlock and save the document as a template. Distribute the template and let users know that they must press the tab key to move between fields. The information they add will be saved but they won't be able to change the text.

LadyDi

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you for the information. I have one more question regarding this matter. I just discovered that the salesreps need to be able to insert pictures and drawings into one of these documents. Is there a way to allow this and still lock the form and save it as a template?

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
I was just reading the post about protecting headers and footers. It appears you can protect specific sections. If you put in a section and did not apply the protection. I think it would be safe to assume you could paste a picture in there.

LadyDi

Registered User.
Local time
How do you just protect one section? I know I can protect the whole document, but I can't find where to just protect a certain section.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Today, 17:19
Create your form and put in the fields you require.
Immediately before you get to the part that needs the salesperson to insert a picture select Insert, then break, click the option for continuous.
Leave space for the graphic then select Insert, then break, click the option for continuous again.
Continue to finish your form.
Now select Tools and Protect document.
Notice on the right of the screen you get options of how to protect the document. The standard second option is Editing restrictions.
Place a tick in the box for Allow only this type of editing in the form and from the drop down select the option for Filling in forms.
Now click the blue writing under the drop down Select sections... and place ticks in only the boxes for the sections that are to be protected, in this example it would be sections 1 and 3 that would have ticks in them.
Remember to save your document as a template.
Bear in mind that the unlocked section will allow the user to add any amount of text/graphics they wish.

Hope this helps.

LadyDi

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you very much for your assistance. This is exactly what I needed to know.

LadyDi

Registered User.
Local time
I have another question regarding this protected document. It has recently been brought to my attention that a picture can be insereted into the unprotected section, but it cannot be edited. For some reason, the Edit Picture Toolbar is grayed out. Do you know why this would be, or how I can make it so that toolbar is activated?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom