publish to access services (1 Viewer)

medaccess

New member
Local time
Today, 02:08
Joined
Dec 26, 2012
Messages
4
Hey guys,
I created an access database. We decided to publish it on server to enable us use all the MS Access features. We gonna add new records online and view the records. I found that it is incompatible for publication Access services (error code: ACCWeb105016). My linked fields are numerical IDs.
Please, let me know if there is any solution. Thanks,
 

Beetle

Duly Registered Boozer
Local time
Today, 03:08
Joined
Apr 30, 2011
Messages
1,806
That error means that you have existing relationships that are not associated with a lookup field in the child table. Normally I recommend that one does not use lookup fields in tables. Unfortunately, with Access web tables (which are really Sharepoint Lists once published), the only way to create "relationships" is through the use of lookup fields. You'll need to modify the foreign key fields in your child tables to be lookup fields. While you're at it, keep in mind that you also need to make sure to include a value for the Column Widths property and set the Limit To List property to Yes on these fields.
 

medaccess

New member
Local time
Today, 02:08
Joined
Dec 26, 2012
Messages
4
Hello,
Thanks for the reply.
I deleted the relationships to do that but it failed:(
Simply: I have 5 tables:
1. Customer ID table (Record No (autonumber) as primary key).
2. order ID table (order record No (autonumber) as primary key).
3,4,5. features of order
The links are one-to-many.
customer ID number from table 1 linked to order ID number from table 2.
Tables 3,4,5. are linked through order record No with table 2. (I mean 2->3, 2->4, and 2->5) . I have a field of "order record No" in each of tables 3,4,5.
:confused:
Any solution? Thanks,
 

Beetle

Duly Registered Boozer
Local time
Today, 03:08
Joined
Apr 30, 2011
Messages
1,806
customer ID number from table 1 linked to order ID number from table 2.
That's wrong. You don't link one PK field to another PK field. The Orders table should have a field (in this case it needs to be a lookup field) to store the CustomerID value from the Customers table as a foreign key.

I deleted the relationships to do that but it failed
"it failed" is meaningless without specifics. It failed again with the same error? A different error? The original error plus additional new errors?
 

medaccess

New member
Local time
Today, 02:08
Joined
Dec 26, 2012
Messages
4
Yes I feel that something is wrong.
Customer ID number from table 1 linked to the same field (customer ID number) in table 2. None of them are PK. PK in tables 1,2 are record numbers but different fields (Customer record number and order record number). These are PKs, and order record number is linked to the same field in tables 3,4,5.
These field is not PK in tables 3,4,5 and there are record numbers as autonumber for tables 3,4,5 as PK.
I mean I changed the field type of OrderID to lookupwizard but after following the steps the type is still number and incompatible (ACCWeb105010
Lookups require an associated relationship to be compatible with the Web.)

One Q: Should I create a new field on table 2 to look up for table 1 (customer ID)? Thanks,
 

Beetle

Duly Registered Boozer
Local time
Today, 03:08
Joined
Apr 30, 2011
Messages
1,806
The relationships should be established between the Key fields (whatever those are). The child table should have a field that stores the Primary Key value from the parent table as a Foreign Key. If CustomerID is not the PK field of the Customers table, then you need to use the PK field.

(ACCWeb105010 - Lookups require an associated relationship to be compatible with the Web.)
This is a different error. This means that you have a lookup field in your table but that lookup field does not have a relationship with another table.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom