Pull Specific Date Between Range from One of Several Fields (1 Viewer)

rpchandler

Local time
Today, 03:16
I have a series of fields (in a query, calculated off of table values) with essentially the same info for different years. I.E. DueOne has the due date for YearOne, DueTwo has the due date for YearTwo--there are seven of these for each entry (each entry needs to have info for seven years worth of due dates).

E.G.
Project1: DueOne=1/1/08; DueTwo=1/1/09; DueThree=1/1/10; etc.
Project2: DueOne=3/1/09; DueTwo=3/1/10; DueThree=3/1/11; etc.

I want to be able to pull a report, sorted by the next upcoming due date for each entry.
E.G.
Project1: UpcomingDue=1/1/10
Project2: UpcomingDue=3/1/10

I'm not sure if I am being clear enough for anybody to help me. I appreciate your time. Thanks.

pl456

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:16
If I understand this correctly (apologies if I haven't), you have 1 query with 7 expressions calculating the 7 dues dates and you want a report as a single list to list them in date order.

You could create 7 individual queries, identical except for the due date expression. Then create an 8th query, a union query to bring all 7 together.
Create your report on the union query.

rpchandler

Local time
Today, 03:16
Thanks for all of your help. I am an Access newby. My question was for a database that was not normalized. I have since redesigned the database to normalize it and have been able to successfully pull the information I required. Thanks again for all of your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom