Query Calculates Value Need to Reference In Another Table (1 Viewer)

Jul

Registered User.
Local time
, 20:01

I have a query that currently calculates a rating based on various values entered into the database. This rating corresponds to a Quality Index value based in another table. I tried to set up a query that links the rating value in the query to the Rating in the table, however, when I run this query, I don't get all the results I should. Is there some other way to make this work? I thought it would be simple to link the rating value that is calculated to the rating in the table and have it report the Quality Index value associated with that value. Please help! :confused:

Moniker

VBA Pro
Local time
, 19:01
The tables would have to be joined together to get the results you want. What sort of join are you doing? If there's no join, you're going to get all sorts of unexpected results as that is a cartesian product, for which there are very few uses.

Jul

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Moniker, I think we may have a misunderstanding. I have a table "tblPrintConversion", this contains every possible value for a print rating and the corresponding print qi. I have a query, "qryOpenAiryPrintRating" that uses the data to calculate the print rating value. I set up another query, that takes the table (tblPrintConversion) and the query (qryOpenAiryPrintRating) and joins them by the calculated print rating and the pring rating value from the table. And when I run this query, I am not getting all the results I should, I only get the 100% Print QI's. I hope this helps. I also tried the 3 join types in the query but wasn't getting the results I was hoping for. I hope this helps clear things up. Any advice would be wonderful, I will have three others with the same exact set up to do.

Moniker

VBA Pro
Local time
, 19:01
Can you post a sample, stripped-down version of the DB? I'm not quite picturing what it is you're trying to do.

Jul

Registered User.
Local time
Query Calculates Value Need To Reference In Another Table

Hi Moniker,
I hope this helps. I am sorry if I am so confusing........Here is a print screen of what my query looks like. Let me know if you need anything more. I really appreciate the help.

Attachments

• queryprintscreen.doc
    71.5 KB · Views: 113

Jul

Registered User.
Local time
I figured it out. What I ended up doing is rounding the calcuated rating to 2 decimal places, then joining them and it worked!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom