Query for multi-value combo-box (1 Viewer)

falcondeer

Hi

I have main form that got many fields like patient name, gender...etc and one multi-value combo-box for associated diseases as in (pic1).

the combo-box is working fine (Pic1) and I needed to calculate number of associated diseases for gender(M,F...etc) so I created a query (pic2 and pic3) and a pivot-chart to do so.

The problem is the following:

The pivot chart (pic4) does not show the real number of associated diseased entered in the combo-boxes, I guess it counts only the first value in each comb box.

How can i fix that.

Thanks.

Attachments

June7

AWF VIP
Need a related dependent table to save a record for each disease. How those records are created can be done by normal old data entry one record at a time or select items from multi-select listbox and code writes a record for each selected item.

Or continue with multi-value field and deal with its issues. If fully understood, can make work.

June7

AWF VIP
I've never used pivot charts/tables/forms. I have built graphs and crosstab queries. I have never used multi-value fields. If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.

Last edited:

isladogs

CID Moderator
Staff member
In my website article about MVFs, I said don't even think about using them with crosstab queries!
The same applies to pivot tables/charts (which were deprecated after A2010)
You might be able to do it based on your MVF aggregate query if you use a make table query based on it.
However I would strongly recommend you convert the MVF field back to text and have several records instead of one where multiple items are chosen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom