Query - IIf statement (1 Viewer)

akb

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:27
I need to write an expression that does this:

If field 1 = WARRANTY and field 2 = 17 then field 3 = WARRANTY GB, If field 1 = WARRANTY and field 2 = 18 then field 3 = WARRANTY N, If field 1 = WARRANTY and field 2 = 19 then field 3 = WARRANTY C, If field 1 = CLAIM and field 2 = 17 then field 3 = CLAIM GB, If field 1 = CLAIM and field 2 = 18 then field 3 = CLAIM N, If field 1 = CLAIM and field 2 = 19 then field 3 = CLAIM C.

Right now I can pull the data for the first set, but I am having a difficult time writing the expression to tell the query to pull the remaining. Is this possible?

EXP: IIf([SALESMAN1]="WARRANTY" And [JOB_TYPE]=17,WARRANTY GB)

Thank you,
Ashley

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
You don't need an expression, you need a table:

Field1, Field2, Field3
WARRANTY, 17, WARRANTY GB
WARRANTY, 18, WARRANTY N
WARRANTY, 19, WARRANTY C
CLAIM, 19, CLAIM C

Then you just link the existing table to that new one via Field1 and Field2 and bring in Field3.

akb

Registered User.
Local time
Alright, this makes sense.

However, in order to get my value for this field I am currently telling the query to reference two other fields.

Salesman: IIf([Salesman2]<>"",[Salesman2],[Salesman1])

After that comes the part I inquired about earlier. If Salesman 1 = Warranty and Job Type = 17, then Salesman = Warranty GB.

How do I tell the query to do all of this in one step?

akb

Registered User.
Local time
I think I figured this out. I created a new Query to link the new table I setup and to determine the final salesman value. I will then link this Query to my main Query. Seems to be working.. thanks for your help!

akb

Registered User.
Local time
One more question - now that I have linked the tables the query is pulling all fields (so if there multiple lines in a job order, it's pulling a record for every line in the job). Prior to linking the tables it was only bringing over one line per job. Help...

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
No idea. You are going to have to show me with data. Post 2 sets: starting sample data (include table and field names) and then what data should result.

RogerCooper

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:27
One more question - now that I have linked the tables the query is pulling all fields (so if there multiple lines in a job order, it's pulling a record for every line in the job). Prior to linking the tables it was only bringing over one line per job. Help...

Try setting the Unique Values property to Yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom