Solved Query no longer recognizes calculated field selected from a text box on a form (1 Viewer)

tvman5683

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:43
I have a few queries that no longer seem to recognize the info selected from a text box on a form .
Here is the way I had it set up. It's an append query to add the info to a table to be used later in a report.
They worked well for over a year and suddenly this week when I run the query these two items come up as a parater looking for an input.
I haven't made any changes that I can think of to cause this. I have added a few new buttons on the form for other tasks. (a couple of hyperlinks)
Any advice would be appreciated. I did try to use the builder and recreate the field but no luck.

Driver: [Forms]![Drivers Daily Payroll Info]![Drivers Name]
Date: [Forms]![Drivers Daily Payroll Info]![Start Date]

1689124030906.png

1689124256448.png

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:43
Just to be clear, was the form with the textbox open when you ran the queries?

tvman5683

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:43
Yes it always is. Here what just happened. I brought in an older version of the form from a recent backup. Renamed the original so the query would look at the imported form and it still did not work. I set up a test table and query using the same form source and it worked. I added it to the form using a button and it worked. I deleted the imported form and renamed the original back and all the queries that look at the text boxes are working again?? I'm not sure what happend but whatever I did seem to reset it back.

Thanks for taking the time to take a look(y)

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:43
Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Cheers!

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 17:43
My guess was that the form or another form needed to be recompiled. When you edit the form goes to an uncompiled state and if everything is good then it recompiles. But sometimes it hangs and that is where you get the weird behavior. I routinely force a compile as shown when things start behaving unexpectedly.

compile.png

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 22:43
If you are using the name autocorrect option, when you renamed the original form the query reference may have updated to use that form rather than the imported version. However, any references made in code will not update. Easy to get confused

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom