Query result to populate textbox (1 Viewer)

JamesN

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:19
Hi,

I currently have a form which is used to return almost 100 columns from a table for a user to review. By selecting a reference from a combo box, it then returns the relevant column entries from the table below. At the moment I am using a dlookup to return these, however, it is too slow at the moment.

I did try storing the columns in the main combo box eg.... Me.flm.Value = Me.reference.Column(1). However, the issue I was having was the limit of columns which could be stored in the reference combo box.

Is there any way I can store the result of the query for the specific column in the text boxes or a better way to speed this up?

Any suggestions appreciated

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
It sounds as if you should be changing the complete record source for the form based on the selection.
You could do this easily by using a subform set to a datasheet and using a stored query as the recordsource. Simply store the query name as a column in your combo box, then refer to it in the after update code to set the record source.

JamesN

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the suggestion, I will give that a go. Would it be possible to reference each value returned in sub form via VBA as I need these individual values to be added to another table and checked agains the values entered on the main form by the user?

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
You can - It sounds like you could use a query to possibly do that for you.

JamesN

Registered User.
Local time
I have created another form and added the sub form in here, this form is called LookupForm and the sub form is called VarianceLookupForm.

How would I reference this from another form called VarianceScorecard, I basically need to confirm if the values entered in the VarianceScorecard form match the ones held in the subreport. Having a bit of bother referencing it correctly

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom