Question on Covid19 Vaccine that makes me anxious (3 Viewers)

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:14
So we give the vaccine to the Frontline workers first, if something goes wrong were totally screwed 🤔

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:14
The original plan was to kill off the old people first. Some politician decided to change that. Now you go to the top of the line if you are important or black. I'm good with the "important" people like AOC (who is 31 and in good health and so in miniscule risk of dying of COVID) going first :) Let AOC take a bullet for the team if there is one.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Maybe we should step back from this entirely and add something foundational into the beginning stage of the analysis. That is: "Who wants the vaccine?"

So we would all agree that it makes no sense to prioritize anyone who doesn't want it and isn't going to get it anyway.

Maybe the powers that be ought to make an opt-in list of people who actually want it. Rather than wasting precious time trying to vaccinate, say, a 20-million-person-category of recipients, only to slowly and painstakingly find out that 10 MM of them didn't want it.

I feel that this approach would move us through the categories faster. If you want a free vaccine, opt in here. If not, that's OK too.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
What disenfranchise people who don't want it, how can you be so cruel.

harpygaggle

Registered User.
Local time
I bumped into an article about Covid medication (https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/whats-new/) that may be informative and useful to us. I am not sure if you have read it, but if you haven't it is a good read. There are some updates that may help us decipher and decide for the vaccine, though getting the vaccine is a personal choice.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
The Who has changed their definition of herd immunity. It used to be herd immunity was achieved through exposure to the virus and immunization. Now it's achieved by being exposed to the vaccine? Herd immunity is a concept that proceeds vaccine development.

1608830726998.png

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
The WHO and the medical profession has sold out to Big Pharma a long time ago. This is nothing but a carefully worked out play. We are being played like a fiddle and trained for something bigger.

Settle in, the best is yet to come...

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
The WHO and the medical profession has sold out to Big Pharma a long time ago. This is nothing but a carefully worked out play. We are being played like a fiddle and trained for something bigger.

Settle in, the best is yet to come...
The best, or worse?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Massachusetts is so woke that they're prioritizing criminals in prison over the elderly.

I don't think that very many of the people who voted for Biden actually know what they signed us all up for. I'm not feeling very charitable this Christmas eve so I just hope they get it first.

Trump's initial plan, which seems to follow the science, planed to vaccinate the elderly and ill first since they are the people most in jeopardy of dying should they catch the virus. But that was too sane so the woke took over. Can't implement anything Trump suggested. No way.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Massachusetts is so woke that they're prioritizing criminals in prison over the elderly.
If you'd prefer we could release them with a bus ticket to CT.

Corrections officers, court officers, and probation officers are getting pummeled by the virus.
It's kind of difficult to social distance in a 5X10.
Phase 1 : in this order, to: “clinical and non-clinical” healthcare workers involved in direct and COVID-facing care; workers and residents in long-term care facilities, rest homes and assisted living centers; police, fire and other emergency personnel; congregate care settings, including shelters and correctional facilities; home-based healthcare workers; and healthcare workers involved in non-COVID-facing care.
There's also this pesky little constitutional thing called cruel and unusual punishment that applies.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:14
In terms of that "pesky constitutional thing" it is actually self-contradictory once you get a liberal mind-set into the mix.

If someone is to be punished, we MUST do something that is different from what they usually experience - the removal of their freedom to prowl around neighborhoods looking for easy prey. So we throw them in a cage. Given the freedom they had, their new situation is unusual to them.

When the kiddy convicts in the group finally realize that Mommy ain't gonna be there to help them and they start crying, we can't be kind enough to let them go home. We HAVE to be cruel enough to make them actually experience their punishment.

Therefore, by this standard, jail terms ARE cruel and unusual punishment in and of themselves. Oh, OF COURSE it is all relative - but based on the way the pendulum is swinging right now, don't doubt for even a moment that the bleeding-heart liberals will try to flush out the prisons. And my choice of verb WAS as intended.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
We HAVE to be cruel enough to make them actually experience their punishment.
Their punishment is the loss of freedom not death. In a custodial situation the DOC is obligated by law to provide basic health care and to mitigate any potential harm.

There is also consideration to be given to the CO's who need to be in close contact with the inmates. Their jobs are dangerous enough without covid. One could argue that an inmate who's covid positive can be just as dangerous as an inmate with a shiv. Just vaccinating the CO's wont help their families if they bring the virus home on their hands, clothing, etc.

You would also have to consider what happens if it becomes necessary to hospitalize the inmate or inmates. Not only does it waste precious bed space, it requires 24 /7 staffing by a CO or sheriff at the bedside.

Simplest solution is vaccinate. Much easier to obtain herd immunity in a confined population and keep the public at large safe too by not releasing them.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
You might also consider future victims or unforeseen consequences for early release.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:14
Their punishment is the loss of freedom not death. In a custodial situation the DOC is obligated by law to provide basic health care and to mitigate any potential harm.

You overread the message. I was merely pointing out that to the liberal mindset NONE of these poor miscreants was actually personally responsible for their erroneous ways. They were ALL products of an oppressive society and bore no responsibility for what they did.

By the way, your argument about "loss of freedom vs. death" is irrelevant. EITHER ONE represents something unusual.

Personally, I think the ultimate punishment would be to be strapped to a chair in front of a TV and to be forced to watch old Howard Cosell interviews. (With apologies to Woody Allen and Sleeper.) Talk about potential for brain damage....

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
I wonder what else they lied about, hydroxychloroquine?

1609002868891.png

1609003207555.png

Trust the science, obey.

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If you'd prefer we could release them with a bus ticket to CT.
If science matters, science matters. WHO dies from the virus? How many of the incarcerated are 70+ with co-morbidities? If the virus were partial to criminals, then give them the vaccine first. It is the making of rules based on woke standards I object to.
Corrections officers, court officers, and probation officers are getting pummeled by the virus.
It's kind of difficult to social distance in a 5X10.
Testing positive for the virus is quite different from dying from it or even getting sick from it. Check the statistics. I seriously doubt that ANY of the people who care for the inmates fall into the 70+ with/without co-morbidities.

Maybe, if we're so worried about prisoners', we should treat them the way we treat assisted living and nursing home residents. My mother-in-law is 97 and in permanent lockdown. No socialization with the other inmates, no communal meals, two visitors, one at a time, once per week and the visitors can't rotate. So only her son and daughter can visit her, none of her grandchildren or great-grandchildren or friends or me since I'm only the wife of her eldest son. I guess it's a good thing my husband died a few years ago and her other living child is locked down himself in Hawaii.

This is just more woke hypocrisy.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Testing positive for the virus is quite different from dying from it or even getting sick from it. Check the statistics. I seriously doubt that ANY of the people who care for the inmates fall into the 70+ with/without co-morbidities.
Here's a list Pat. I dont know how up to date it is.

Maybe, if we're so worried about prisoners', we should treat them the way we treat assisted living and nursing home residents.
In case you haven't noticed, we treat the nursing home residents the way we treat prisoners and who's dying?

I wonder what else they lied about, hydroxychloroquine?
Quoting the guy from Fight Club? (Even worse Zero Hedge)

Not sure I would characterize it as lying.
From NY Times article the fight club guy(a.k.a. Colin Lokey) is quoting:
In a telephone interview the next day, Dr. Fauci acknowledged that he had slowly but deliberately been moving the goal posts. He is doing so, he said, partly based on new science, and partly on his gut feeling that the country is finally ready to hear what he really thinks.

Hard as it may be to hear, he said, he believes that it may take close to 90 percent immunity to bring the virus to a halt — almost as much as is needed to stop a measles outbreak.

Asked about Dr. Fauci’s conclusions, prominent epidemiologists said that he might be proven right. The early range of 60 to 70 percent was almost undoubtedly too low, they said, and the virus is becoming more transmissible, so it will take greater herd immunity to stop it.

Dr. Fauci said that weeks ago, he had hesitated to publicly raise his estimate because many Americans seemed hesitant about vaccines, which they would need to accept almost universally in order for the country to achieve herd immunity.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Quoting the guy from Fight Club? (Even worse Zero Hedge)

Not sure I would characterize it as lying.
From NY Times article the fight club guy(a.k.a. Colin Lokey) is quoting:
Do you prefer USA news? or Axios?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom