Question on On Open Errors (1 Viewer)

hammerva

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:35
For some reason I am having headaches today with my project database.

Sometimes I get this 'On Open you entred as the event property produced the following error' message when I try to open up my database. The database has a startup form of "Main Menu". I don't get it all the time but I seem to get it when other people are using the database. But even that is random

I get to see if there was any LDB files and I current don't see any on my PC. Just to be safe I did a repair of the database that I am accessing and the database that contains the data. But I don't know if that solves anything.

Any ideas on the problem? I know my information isn't very clear but I am not really the expert on security in Access.

Thanks

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:35
'On Open you entred as the event property produced the following error'

This cannot be the complete error message. Please report the complete message. It might help us to know what Access said.

Now I'm going to take a wild-eyed guess. NOTE CAREFULLY that it is simply a guess based on incomplete information.

The item you entered as the database's startup form contains something in the Form_Open event slot, but you tried to use something there that isn't legal in that specific context. Did you perhaps try to use a public event routine from a general module rather than a private event routine from the form's class module?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom