questions? (1 Viewer)

dgoulston

Hasn't Got A Clue
Local time
Today, 06:02
is it possible to turn off the questions it asks when it runs a delete query or append query. because i know its possible to turn it off in access, but i want to turn it off in the query its self as when i distribute the database i want the person to be able to run the query without having the message come up saying
"you are about to append this table" are you sure, Yes or No!

is there a way to do this?

i have had a look around access and cant find it. im jus gonna read through the access2000 bible to see if it is in there but cant see it as the book is very basic,,, and it is susposed to be the access 2000 bible....

thanks in advance for any help.

DAL

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
You can do this from Tools menu options under Edit/Find Tab deselect under confirm the ones you want to take off.

Hay

dgoulston

Hasn't Got A Clue
Local time
yes. i know you can do it that way. but i am going to be distributing this database to companys and i dont want to have them having to change the settings of access because other database's they user might need that for safty reasons. i want it just to be turned off for my database.

Thanks
DAL

Graham T

Registered User.
Local time
DAL

You can do this in either macros or in code: Look up Set Warnings in the Help files.

HTH

Graham

dgoulston

Hasn't Got A Clue
Local time
thanks a lot that worked perfectly...

just incase anyone else has the same problem:

.......to turn off messages:........

DoCmd.SetWarnings (False)

.......To turn them back on........

DoCmd.SetWarnings (True)

DAL

thart21

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:02
I have been unable to get DoCmd.SetWarnings (False) to work.

I am using it in the "NotInList" event of a form in which I have it opening up another form to add the new items. It comes up with the message I created and then, when I click Yes to add the new item, the Access warning message pops up.

I have tried placing this in the forms' OnOpen event and the "NotInList" event of the field.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Toni

dgoulston

Hasn't Got A Clue
Local time
what msg?

what warning msg pops up?

Dal

thart21

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:02
"The text you entered isn't an item in the list."

"Select an item from the list, or enter text that matches on of the listed items".

dgoulston

Hasn't Got A Clue
Local time
can u send me the database or the form and i will have a look, it seems that a field on ur form has to have a value entered which is being left empty. maybe setting a defult value would help.

if u want me to av a look email it (zipped) to:

dal1983@hotmail.com

Dal

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom