Solved Radio Options to select a record in a continuous form (1 Viewer)

Seph

Local time
Today, 17:16
Good day everyone,

Just a quick one. Is there a way to select a specific record based on the selected radio button on a continuous form?

1667314437746.png

I know that the radio buttons has a different option value.

I think making them unbound is the way to go?

All I basically want to achieve is when the Radio option next to the invoice is selected, the "InvoiceID" value is captured so I can point my button "Mark as Paid" to that record.

1667314678929.png

Any ideas are appreciated.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 16:16
That is what record selectors are for, surely?

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 11:16
Use the forms on current event to set the value. You cannot use an unbound since all will select or unselect.

Seph

Local time
Use the forms on current event to set the value. You cannot use an unbound since all will select or unselect.
The reason I want to achieve something like this is to bulk mark desired invoices as paid

Seph

Local time
Sorry, I always went for functionality first and got used to what was an Access record selector. As did my users.
no no, still appreciate the idea

Eugene-LS

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:16
Is there a way to select a specific record based on the selected radio button on a continuous form?
Maybe that would work for you?

Attachments

• MultySelection_v001.zip
    71.2 KB · Views: 111

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time

Seph

Local time
Good day again everyone, I'm attempting to implement your solutions. I'll let you know as soon as one works.

Seph

Local time
Good day again everyone, I'm attempting to implement your solutions. I'll let you know as soon as one works.

This solution works pretty well. Thank You @CJ_London

Only issue is, I keep getting a Runtime Error 424 after selecting a record:

1667376423617.png

1667376444366.png

1667376548916.png

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
have you created the GF textbox set to visible but top, left, width and height all set to 0

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
GF stands for 'Got Focus' - a textbox to receive the focus

Seph

Local time
have you created the GF textbox set to visible but top, left, width and height all set to 0
It was so small that I didn't see it:ROFLMAO:.

Thanks again for your awesome solution and everyone for their input.

#11 was the fix

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
1. Creating a process like this in a multi-user environment is dangerous. Are you positive that only one person will ever be doing this at one time?
2. Updating each as it is selected required less code and is safer in the long run.

Seph

Local time
1. Creating a process like this in a multi-user environment is dangerous. Are you positive that only one person will ever be doing this at one time?
2. Updating each as it is selected required less code and is safer in the long run.
Hi @Pat Hartman, thanks for your feedback. For the most part the invoicing section will only be processed by a single user. The issue with the updating of each record individually is that its time consuming. Imaging having to click on 50 records to update them. I know as database designers we look for the most efficient way to do a task, but we must consider the user experience as well.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
But, you are having to click 50 records to select them???? I don't understand the difference. Being able to use selection criteria and running an update query is probably the best solution. But, if you don't have a way of creating criteria, you're stuck with the click to select model you have.

I don't understand the manual selection at all. Normally invoicing is always a batch process. It runs on a schedule and selects all the accounts that need invoicing at that time. Without knowing anything about your business, I couldn't even begin to suggest what you might use as criteria for selection but your invoicing clerk has some way of picking. He is using some method to pick accounts. Why don't you, as a database designer, look for a way to automate the task rather than making the clerk pick 50 records manually?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Perhaps look at it another way?
Select all within range and allow the user to deselect those that cannot be invoiced at that time?

For that reason, I believe you could have a field in the table to accomodate that, which is set at form load for those records that fit the criteria?
Clear it when invoices are processed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom