readiness tool (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:49
Why is Access included? Are they scanning the VBA in Access or the macros? Are they releasing a version of Access that will run from the cloud?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 07:49
Why is Access included?
on my test it scan all mso documents including access.
and since most of my vba are converted to PtrSafe, only those
i downloaded are reported with Issues.

but maybe it has it's purpose as to point to the Correct x64
declarations of API.

Cotswold

Local time
Today, 00:49
Hi arnelgp, Have to ask but are you on another software forum as holzhaker? Same unusual icon used. Just wondering, not important.
( purebasic.com )

Last edited:

petertheme

Local time
Today, 00:49
It would appear that Access should be included, as the documentation it says

"This tool checks compatibility with Office 365 ProPlus for code written for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project, Publisher, Outlook and Visio for the following versions of Office:"

There could be some confusion since Apps other than Access describe VBA codes as macros. In Access a Macro is not VBA code. Since it is a "Readiness" tool it probably should scan Access macros for deprecated features.

Just tried on the samples DB from my API updating webinar and it was unable to perform an analysis

The tool provided this result.

1649687219006.png

I am running office 2019.

Copying modules to an Excel xlsm the readiness tool performed the analysis and made update recommendations.

Has anyone else had any luck with Access?

Having had a look it would appear that 1510 declares are included which is slightly less than the1550 in the Win32API_PtrSafe.TXT Textfile.

There don't appear to be any for the GDI+ library in the readiness tool which is not a surprise since there aren't GDI+ functions in the Api Text file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom