Question Reading Bar fonts in PDF (1 Viewer)

tpuhlig

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:38
Hi all,
I have an Access 2007 database with the pdf plugin. I have code that exports reports out as a pdf file. Each report has a couple of Bar Code fields. These reports gets emailed out to users.

The problem I am having is that when the user prints out the report, the bar code font does not work. (they don't have the bar code font installed nor do I want to install it on their system)

I thought that the pdf writer takes a snapshot of the report.

Do I need to un-install the pdf plugin and try using a full version of Adobe?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tom

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 14:38
You will need to set the option to embedded the fonts ion the PDF file. I am not sure if 2007 has this option. I am not at a PC with 2007 to check it for you.

FYI:
I use the report to PDF tool from www.lebans.com to create my PDF's.

tpuhlig

Registered User.
Local time
You will need to set the option to embedded the fonts ion the PDF file. I am not sure if 2007 has this option. I am not at a PC with 2007 to check it for you.

FYI:
I use the report to PDF tool from www.lebans.com to create my PDF's.

Thanks for the reply. I just don't see the option to embed the fonts. If I can't figure it out, I will check out www.lebans.com, does it embed the fonts or will i still have the same issue?

tpuhlig

Registered User.
Local time
The embedded option is there when you insert a logo\picture.

HiTechCoach

Local time
The option to embed the font will not be on a property sheet. The ability to create a PDF is a VBA command not an object on a form or report. VBA commands do not have propery sheets. They do have parameters that are passed. . If there is an option to do it, it will be a parameter in the command (DoCmd) that you are using to generate the PDF.

About Leban's tool: I have not ever had an issue with bar code fonts.

tpuhlig

Registered User.
Local time
The option to embed the font will not be on a property sheet. The ability to create a PDF is a VBA command not an object on a form or report. VBA commands do not have propery sheets. They do have parameters that are passed. . If there is an option to do it, it will be a parameter in the command (DoCmd) that you are using to generate the PDF.

About Leban's tool: I have not ever had an issue with bar code fonts.

Yes, I figured that out. Thanks for the reply. Only a picture\logo has the embed or linked property. I was going to just make bitmaps of all of the users info (bar code) and embed that into the report but that is the the correct way of doing it. I am going to check out IDautomation.com. We used their developer license before. It should allow me to embed the fonts and distribute it out to up to 10,000 users.

I am using bar code font 3 of 9b which is not embedable without a license.

Tom

HiTechCoach

Local time
Tom,

If you save (export) your report to an Access Snapshot (.snp) file will the bar code show up? If it will, then you can use Leban's tool to convert the Snapshot file to a PDF. I use this feature of it a lot to convert all my old Snapshot files to PDFs.

FYI:
I actually use the Snapshot format a lot. There is a free viewer download from Microsoft to view the files if it did not get installed with Office. You do not even have to own office to install the free viewer. I have been sending out snapshot files for over 10 years now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom