'Record is deleted' error blitzes queries (1 Viewer)

R

Rick22

I was editing some data in one of a dozen queries I have set up when my PC crashed for no apparant reason. After rebooting I attempted to get back into the query I was working on but all I got was a small box with the words 'Record is deleted', an OK button and a help button (I had not deleted any records).

Checking the other queries, most produced the same error box. A couple opened displaying their data as normal but the error box popped up after 2-3 seconds. Clicking OK instantly transformed all data in the query into #NAME? in every field in every record.

I tried creating a new query to replace the original one I had the problem with but, once built, all the columns and rows displayed the same #NAME? in place of my data.

Has anyone had a similar problem or knows if this is recoverable? I do have backups but dread the thought of losing all the hours of editing work I was doing - if not my whole database!

Any advice would be deeply appreciated.

R

Rick22

No, I was keeping this as a 'last resort' option, hoping there was some way to recover my existing database. Do you think this is the best solution?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom