Record locking (1 Viewer)

rainbows

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:12
hi , i have been developing a database for about 3 months now of which is only located on my laptop. i though i just about finished it when for some reason. when i test it it closes down and either gives me a backup or closes done and goes into record locking and even when i close my laptop down it is still in record locking mode. how can i try and stop this from happening

thanks
steve

1670833019382.png

rainbows

Registered User.
Local time
the problem happens when i am in the "purchasing form" and on the tab " supplier purchase orders " and i press the open qoute or open order buttons

it never used to happen until the last couple of days now it does it most the time

steve

1670838175642.png

Attachments

• apic latest - final test - Copy - Copy.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 80

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 22:12
Do a "Compact and Repair" on the db.

I would advise you to add Option Explicit to ALL your code modules.

rainbows

Registered User.
Local time
did you hit the same problem as what i am getting ? i did an compact and repair and it still had the same problem

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
did you hit the same problem as what i am getting ? i did an compact and repair and it still had the same problem
I did until I'd done the compact and repair but after that, it seemed to be ok except that I got the error: "Function ValidateOrder(Validation_OrderStatus As CustomerOrderStatusEnum) As Boolean" when trying to compile the db.
I have attached a zipped copy of the db for your perusal.

Attachments

• apic latest - final test Bob01.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 80

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
the problem happens when i am in the "purchasing form" and on the tab " supplier purchase orders " and i press the open qoute or open order buttons

it never used to happen until the last couple of days now it does it most the time

steve

View attachment 105205
Hi Steve
Most times creating a blank new database and then Importing the old one fixes problems

ebs17

Local time
Today, 23:12
how can i try and stop this from happening
First step: Compile and debug the application. There are a plethora of variables and user-defined types undeclared. This is not a working application, but a seriously ill patient with a tendency to colic.

What is at least as bad: There are many tables, but no data model. No structure, no order, and certainly not data integrity.

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time

steve

View attachment 105205
Hi Steve
Your Orders table has the field Customer name which should link to the Primary Key from the Customers table
You have set the field as a Lookup field. This is a No No Never in Access.
You have spaces in the names of fields.
You have relationships set between tables but Referential Integrity has not bee set. This means you would be able to add records to the Child table when you do not have a record in the Parent table.
Hopefully you have not yet released this as a working copy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom