Recordset Clone Error in Sample Database? (1 Viewer)

CarolW

Registered User.
Local time
, 19:29
Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if anybody would be kind enough to help me with a problem that I have with regards to a 'Contacts Database' that I found under the Sample Database link on this site - posted by MStCyr. When I try to navigate through A-Z buttons I am presented with a dialogue box which states " the object doesn't contain the Automation object 'RecordsetClone', whatever that means??

I would like to use this sample DB in my project however it is presently unusable unless I can figure out how to clear this problem. If this is not achievable could you please point me in the right direction where I could find a similar, downloadable file.

Hopefully a more experienced forum member than I could please help me out.........

Best Regards

CarolW

Attachments

• CustomerPhoneList.zip
    31.7 KB · Views: 124

CarolW

Registered User.
Local time
Hi RuralGuy,
I'm not that familiar with 'references' but I've managed to navigate to that area and I have found a check mark against Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library. Is that the correct setting? Please excuse my lack of knowledge in this area.
Appreciate your prompt response

Regards

CarolW

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
, 20:29
You found the right spot to check which references are included. What version of Access are you using? I do not get an error in AccessXP.

CarolW

Registered User.
Local time
Hi RuralGuy,
Apologies for the delay in responding.......
Currently using Access 2007, running XP Home Edition on my PC? I take it that you did not have any problems using it yourself?

CarolW

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
No problems in AccessXP so I tried it in A2007 and I get the same problem you have. I'm playing with it to see if I can figure out why.

CarolW

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks RuralGuy,
Your continued help is very much appreciated - just wish I was more knowledgeable?

Regards

CarolW

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
The error is coming out of the macro for the OptionGroup. If you convert the Macro to Code then the problem goes away. Go figure.

CarolW

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks RuralGuy,
Your advice was gratefully appreciated. Not quite sure how to do it but I'll 'dig a little deeper' and will attempt to try to solve this problem myself?

Thanks ever so much

CarolW

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom