Recurring events in calendar (2 Viewers)

dageci

Local time
Today, 07:51
Hello,
I've found a great solution for recurring events calendar from Allen Browne.

It works perfectly untill we have exceptions in tblEventException and we change the start date of the event. Because it is coupling to the InstanceID when we change the start event date it fails. The data in exceptions table is no longer valid. Is there any solution to get it right, to maybe bound the InstanceID to a fixed start date so that every time the InstanceID is the right date?

Here is also the access project if the site is down:

Attachments

• recur.zip
    41.4 KB · Views: 92

Mike Krailo

Local time
Today, 01:51
when we change the start event date it fails. The data in exceptions table is no longer valid.
I'm not sure how this is supposed to work to be honest. I just scheduled three instances of a daily event and then changed the start date on two of the instances of the event. It updated the list of events. What exactly is the problem? How do I duplicate it?

dageci

Local time
Today, 07:51
Thank you Mike for responding.

I've attached 2 pictures.
For example, for EventID = 2
When we have the start date 15.01.2008. the "No october meeting" is in october.

But if we change the start date to, for example 15.05.2008. the "No october meeting" is in february 2009.
Because the OccurenceID is the same, but the date is not.

It should be the same date.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    382.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 2.png
    2.png
    383.9 KB · Views: 75

Mike Krailo

Local time
Today, 01:51
The way I interpret the field Event Start is for generating instances of recurring events down in the subform below. So you generate however many instances you want ONCE. There are already instances created already in your example and you are attempting to regenerate the whole list of events instead of simply creating a new record of events. At the very bottom of the form, if you click on the triangle with the yellow star, it will create a new record and you can enter a new start date of the event of your choosing but I don't think the user should be able to change the start date on the main form after generating instances below. The instances are generated after the main record on the form is saved.

You can change the event date on any of the instances in the subform or cancel one. You cannot regenerate over existing instances. There probably should be some code in there to prevent the user from doing what you did because it obviously screws up the query. Remember this is just an example database of what is possible to accomplish with recurring events. It is not a complete application ready for prime time usage.

As you probably have noticed, if there are no exceptions, then the whole subform list will regenerate without any problem. So if that's all you want to do, just delete the exception from the tblEventException and the entire list will regenerate your new ocurrance list.

Give me a minute to make it easier for you.

Database updated so that you can delete all exceptions prior to regenerating the list with a new start date. I did have to convert the database to the newer access file type (.accdb) since that's what I'm running.

1689722422510.png

Attachments

• recur_new.zip
    62.7 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

iaasiqbal

Local time
Today, 11:51
If I want to set every half yearly, is it possible

iaasiqbal

Local time
Hello,
I've found a great solution for recurring events calendar from Allen Browne.

It works perfectly untill we have exceptions in tblEventException and we change the start date of the event. Because it is coupling to the InstanceID when we change the start event date it fails. The data in exceptions table is no longer valid. Is there any solution to get it right, to maybe bound the InstanceID to a fixed start date so that every time the InstanceID is the right date?

Here is also the access project if the site is down:
please help by adding semi annual period

Attachments

• recur_new.zip
    62.7 KB · Views: 20

iaasiqbal

Local time
Hi
You just change the Period frequency to 6 and select Months as the Type
I know, but i want to learn how to add semi annual type: then i want to select semi annual and frequency 1, requesting to help in this regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom