Red sky at night, California's alight (1 Viewer)

MSAccessRookie

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 20:57
I made no mention of the United States it was you who made the error but I'm not vindictive so no apology is required

Choose the words that you like. You did make reference to "the Americas", which you pointed out, not only included the USA, but other countries in the region as well. Since none of those places was mentioned in the article that you referred to, then it is you who were incorrect in your statement, not me.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:57
Choose the words that you like. You did make reference to "the Americas", which you pointed out, not only included the USA, but other countries in the region as well. Since none of those places was mentioned in the article that you referred to, then it is you who were incorrect in your statement, not me.
I cited it only as an example

from far flung shores such as The Americas
however having said that there is a mistake in the article (but then being American it's understandable) they forgot to put the prefix NEW in front of Amsterdam

MSAccessRookie

AWF VIP
Local time
I cited it only as an example

however having said that there is a mistake in the article (but then being American it's understandable) they forgot to put the prefix NEW in front of Amsterdam

Of course there is an explanation for everything. Believe what you want. Your original statement was intended as Anti-American sentiment, and your continuing attacks just prove the point.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Of course there is an explanation for everything. Believe what you want. Your original statement was intended as Anti-American sentiment, and your continuing attacks just prove the point.
:rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

statsman

Local time
In 1665/66, New York and Philadelpia wouldn't have been much more than hamlets. Hardly an ideal starting place for the Great Plague.

It was my understanding that the Plagues that decimated Europe starting in the East (Asia and Asia Minor) and spread through Europe from there, primarily through the port of Constantinople (Istanbul).

On the other hand, there is some evidence to suggest venerial diseases were brought to Europe from the Americas. The disadvantage of our being such a loving people. :D

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:57
And just for the record, I wasn't referring to any specific outbreak of plague.

I've said what I wanted to say, other than for the above correction. Have fun, guys.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
And just for the record, I wasn't referring to any specific outbreak of plague.

I've said what I wanted to say, other than for the above correction. Have fun, guys.
So it was as I thought just another anti British post!:mad::p

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
This is an interesting discussion. thank you for sharing
Good post. I appreciate it
Thank you so much for the post. It's really useful.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.
Spam, spammity-spam and reported as such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom