Question Related fields in a query (1 Viewer)

JRPMD

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:41
Hello , I have an Acces Database and an Excell sheet with different fields about the same people , proceeding of two areas of the same institution.
Now I want to join both files in a new database.
I import to a new Access Database the Excell sheet succesfully.
Now I want to make a query with the name as a related field. (there isn't another field with the same value).
But in the Excell sheet surname and name are in the same field (and so was exported to Access) and in the database surname and name are in different fields ; so there isn't any result in the query.
Can you help me to solve this?
Thank you very much!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. You may have to manually split the full name field into firstname and surname fields first before you can continue to use your database tables.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 20:41
There is no other identifying info? How can you be sure names have same spelling in both data sources? It is possible to concatenate the name parts in query and link that query to the Excel imported data.

But I agree, need to fix data, creating a unique ID field in the process.

JRPMD

Registered User.
Local time
Hi. You may have to manually split the full name field into firstname and surname fields first before you can continue to use your database tables.

Thank you very much.

JRPMD

Registered User.
Local time
There is no other identifying info? How can you be sure names have same spelling in both data sources? It is possible to concatenate the name parts in query and link that query to the Excel imported data.

But I agree, need to fix data, creating a unique ID field in the process.

Thank you very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom