Relations in FrontEnd lost after using SSMA (1 Viewer)

Marnix

Local time
Today, 19:06
Hi,
In short:
- I started with a database with relations between tables
- I managed using SSMA to transfer this to Azure SQL. (yes, I needed to install the RT version of Access to prevent crashing of SSMA)
- Relations between tables in Azure SQL are available. If I create a diagram, information of foreign and private keys is correct
- However, the diagram in access is still present, but points to the backuped tables (SSMA backups the transfered tables renaming them to $$$). The newly to be used linked tables have no relations. So I can't use the handy knowledge of Access when using forms wizards because it says 'The tables are not related'

What's the best practice to use relations in the front-end side? And are these front-end relations in access still necessary for optimisation purposes?

Regards!

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 18:06
Relationships for BE tables are defined in the BE including referential integrity rules. Although defined relationships are enforced in the FE, these are not shown in the FE.

Whilst it is possible to add relationships for BE tables in the FE, there is no point doing so as R.I. can't be enforced in the FE for linked tables

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom