Relationship Issues (1 Viewer)

OlBill

Local time
Today, 12:36
I think I see what you did. So now to see the results from the different tests, I switch the record in the frmSampleSub. I get it.

Since I'm doing it this way, can I change frmLeadResulsSub and frmAsbestosResultsSub from continuous to single form without tearing it up? It's only going to give me the result for that one Sample IDPK.

I did this and it worked fine. Thank you. Am I normalized now? :)

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:36
Maybe this will be easier to understand

Attachments

• Bill1.jpg
    Bill1.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 77

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
I think I see what you did. So now to see the results from the different tests, I switch the record in the frmSampleSub. I get it.

Since I'm doing it this way, can I change frmLeadResulsSub and frmAsbestosResultsSub from continuous to single form without tearing it up? It's only going to give me the result for that one Sample IDPK.

I did this and it worked fine. Thank you. Am I normalized now? :)
I would suggest that you make the Sample Subform a Single Form with Navigation buttons to Go to Previous Samples or Add New
So deal with 1 Sample at a time.
Then add the Multiple Results as required.

Unless of course I have not understood your process.

OlBill

Local time
I would suggest that you make the Sample Subform a Single Form with Navigation buttons to Go to Previous Samples or Add New
So deal with 1 Sample at a time.
Then add the Multiple Results as required.

Unless of course I have not understood your process.
There are multiple samples, so I like the continuous form on the frmSampleSub. There is only one result from each sample on the frmResultssubs, so I like the single form on that one. I think I can clean up my main form and make it easier to see.

One thing I have noticed is if I click the SampleIDPK box in the frmSampleSub, it takes me to that result. Pretty easy navigation.

Thank you very much for y'alls help.

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
There are multiple samples, so I like the continuous form on the frmSampleSub. There is only one result from each sample on the frmResultssubs, so I like the single form on that one. I think I can clean up my main form and make it easier to see.

One thing I have noticed is if I click the SampleIDPK box in the frmSampleSub, it takes me to that result. Pretty easy navigation.

Thank you very much for y'alls help.
Hi Bill

Just a point to note. All of the Coloured Controls on the Form would be set as Not Visible as they are values that are automatically
populated by Access.
You would just click Tab to the Record required or Set up A Search Box/Combobox in the Header of the Subform to find the required Sample

OlBill

Local time
Hi Bill

Just a point to note. All of the Coloured Controls on the Form would be set as Not Visible as they are values that are automatically
populated by Access.
You would just click Tab to the Record required or Set up A Search Box/Combobox in the Header of the Subform to find the required Sample
Got it. Thanks.

OlBill

Local time
Is there a way I can set it up so that it won't let me duplicate and AssetID on my tblAsset?

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Is there a way I can set it up so that it won't let me duplicate and AssetID on my tblAsset?
Yes we would revert back to my original Form settup where you would select an Asset on your Main Form

See attached

Attachments

• 2022 09 23 CBLA Normalized.zip
    55.5 KB · Views: 81

OlBill

Local time
Yes we would revert back to my original Form settup where you would select an Asset on your Main Form

See attached
Oh, I don't want to do that! I really like this latest set up. It's working well.

I've got two Assets in there. I tried a query by AssetID. That works fine. Then I added in LeadResult and AsbestosDetected and it went crazy. Gave me back 162 results on 1 asset. I have 16 Samples with results.

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Bill

Sorry but when you are advised of how to do something you always come back with "I don't want to do that"

I would imagine you have set up your query wrong but I would hate to try and advise you.

OK Luck with your project and have fun as I am bowing out now.

OlBill

Local time
Hi Bill

Sorry but when you are advised of how to do something you always come back with "I don't want to do that"

I would imagine you have set up your query wrong but I would hate to try and advise you.

OK Luck with your project and have fun as I am bowing out now.
Sorry you misunderstood. You're latest help has got me right where I need to be with the tables and forms. It is very easy to input and see. Add asset didn't work as well as this for my process. Adding an Asset isn't hard, adding the samples is repetitive.

I am sure I have set up my query wrong.

I appreciate your help and I'm sorry I offended you.

And that is the first time I have said that.

OlBill

Local time
I got my queries and reports working. I also built a check for duplicates query for my assets, and it's working. This is a much better set up than what I had before. Like 1,000 times better. Thank you all for your help.
Thank you mike60smart, for your patience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom