Relationships (1 Viewer)

LarryE

Local time
Today, 05:12
OK I understand. Here are some additional questions:
  1. Are you interested in the horses that finished 2nd and 3rd in the races even though we do not know who rode them? If so, we need to create a jockey named "Unknown" so we can assign that jockey to horses and races.
  2. Was it your intention to download an xml file on a regular basis? I asked that because it takes a lot of work to get the data to the point where ACCESS can use it even though it can be imported. At the very best, you have limited information on each race and horse and jockey. For example, we know nothing of other races taking place on the same day at each track. We only know what is reported in the xml file. I would be very reluctant to analyze jockeys and horses and race results based on this file.
  3. Is it your intention to input race data for each horse and jockey and racetrack each day?
Make a list of the most important information in each table. For example, what information do you want to track for each horse, for each jockey and for each racetrack and individual race.

Tyrone

Local time
Today, 08:12
OK I understand. Here are some additional questions:
  1. Are you interested in the horses that finished 2nd and 3rd in the races even though we do not know who rode them? If so, we need to create a jockey named "Unknown" so we can assign that jockey to horses and races.
  2. Was it your intention to download an xml file on a regular basis? I asked that because it takes a lot of work to get the data to the point where ACCESS can use it even though it can be imported. At the very best, you have limited information on each race and horse and jockey. For example, we know nothing of other races taking place on the same day at each track. We only know what is reported in the xml file. I would be very reluctant to analyze jockeys and horses and race results based on this file.
  3. Is it your intention to input race data for each horse and jockey and racetrack each day?
Make a list of the most important information in each table. For example, what information do you want to track for each horse, for each jockey and for each racetrack and individual race.
Question 1. Yes I am interested in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd. and yes I can tell which jockey rode which horse in every race, and where they finish.
Question 2. I have choose to use XML files, and the intent is to download 4 race day result per week from now through December. Am only interested in 1 race track, and there is lots of information on every Horse, which Jockey rode which horse, the Horse or horses Trainer, the Horses lifetime Stats, Dam and Sire, what track they ran on, the race track condition, etc. etc. etc. etc. There's all kinds of information in that XML file. I know because I look through the xml zip file. I'm sending you an attachment of that xml zip file to have a look, and tell what you think. Any question pleased message me, ill be more than happy to explain it to you. I appreciate you help very much. Can't thank you enough.

Attachments

• wo20220416plusxml.zip
    344.8 KB · Views: 93

LarryE

Local time
Today, 05:12
You keep attaching xml files which I cannot interpret and therefore cannot use. I have asked you several times to interpret the fields in each table so I know what they are and how to use them. You have not done that. I have asked you to make a list of all the data you need for this project and you have not done that. The xml files are useless I know what the fields are and how I can use them. I cannot do that. You need to interpret them and tell me what they mean. I have asked you to do that and you have not. I don't have a clue how you can determine what all the data means in these files since you won't tell me.

I wish you the best of luck with this project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom