Remote log off. (1 Viewer)

sambucaman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:49
Hi all

I have tried searching, but cant find a solution that works, so I'm pleading for a bit of help! I have a DB (access 2003) with approx 30,000 records on. All works fine, and this DB is split into CSD.mdb and CSD_be.mdb

I have the front and back ends residing in a folder on my PC

I have shared this folder, and made it a network dive (U:\CSD)

I have then set up the other office computers to have a mapped drive, shared to mine. So all office users can access U:\CSD\CSD.mdb

So far this is great. Everyone can work at the same time and things are peachy. BUT (and this has been asked many times) I'd love to have a button with some VBA code to close the DB on all other PC's but mine.

Is this possible, and if so any ideas? I don't really want to go down the whole route of having users, but it would be really great if i could remotely log off anyone else using it - or maybe remotely display a timed window etc?

Would really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance, Andy

mdlueck

Sr. Application Developer
Local time
Today, 05:49
Comes to mind to have each remote FE check periodically some sort of heart beat table in the BE. If the value found is the correct indicator value, then the FE shuts down.

I have no idea what sort of "loose changed data" messages might come up on the workstations.

For your own FE, obviously you would not want it to run that heart beat check... so if you run off of the same FE as others, have to have a way to identify your computer from the others. Perhaps existence of something in the registry, a file on disk, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom