remove application scrollbar (1 Viewer)

SunWuKung

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:02
Is there a way to remove the scrollbar from the Access application window that appears if the form is larger than the application window size? (Not the scrollbar of a form.)

Thanks.
SWK

Fizzio

Chief Torturer
Local time
If the form is bigger than the window, why would you want to deny the user the opportunity of seeing and therefore using it :confused:

SunWuKung

Registered User.
Local time
I am trying to create a single document interface for an application.

Specifically:
I am trying to create a form which takes all of the application window but does not have a resize button (like Internet Explorer, Outlook, Word as opposed to e.g. Excel).

If I use the Docmd.Maximize - the resize button appears, I found no cure for that anywhere.
One way I thought was to create a form which is bigger than the screen size. If I could get rid of the application scrollbars I would be there.

Fizzio

Chief Torturer
Local time
In the properties of the form (format section), you can turn off the control buttons on any form including min/max, close and help button. Also changing the border type can have an effect on which buttons are available

SunWuKung

Registered User.
Local time
min/max, close, borderstyle, popup, dialog - I've tried them all, but couldn't achieve what I was looking for: a standard window with a menu, completeley filled with a form.

oops, a thought while I was typing - in my IE there is a bitmap (windows logo) where Access would put the restore button - is it perhaps possible to cover the restore button with a bitmap in Access as well?

R

Rich

If you set the buttons to none and add your own close button you wouldn't need the logo option ;)

SunWuKung

Registered User.
Local time
As far as I know the restore button always appear on a maximized form (if it is not popup which I don't want).

cable

Access For My Sins
Local time
couldn't you override the resize event of the form, forcing it to remaximize?

however I would advise against this, people expect certain behavioural traits from windows programs, I would make sure your program/UI still works in what ever situation the app could be in, rather than to force an assumption on the user.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom