Removing my phone from the blacklist (1 Viewer)

Mikecolady

Local time
Today, 17:00
Hello guys,

Really sorry if my topic is irrelevant.

I have purchased a phone that was not blacklisted and it worked on my line for a day but then my account says that i reported it stolen.

I’ve tried to call in and get it removed from the blacklist but customer support has proven to be useless as I’ve been promised 2 times that it would get taken off. Spoiler alert, it never did.

Now, what should I do? Is there any third party service that can help in this matter or I can do it by myself?

Cheers,

Mike Krailo

Local time
Today, 08:00
Where did you purchase the phone from? I would go right to the seller for a solution to this.

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 05:00
Hello guys,

I have purchased a phone that was not blacklisted and it worked on my line for a day but then my account says that i reported it stolen.

I’ve tried to call in and get it removed from the blacklist but customer support has proven to be useless as I’ve been promised 2 times that it would get taken off. Spoiler alert, it never did.

Now, what should I do? Is there any third party service that can help in this matter or I can do it by myself?

Cheers,
Main stream vendors, such as AT&T, Verizon, and similar companies in other countries, should be able to handle this request. Private sellers might not be so responsive.

A couple of other questions also come to mind. Why would your phone be reported as stolen only a day or two after you purchased it? Who would have reported it stolen?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 13:00
Bought on Ebay perhaps?
Whose to know who the previous owner was.

Jason Lee Hayes

Local time
Today, 13:00
Customer support is unlikely to have the authority or tools to remove a regional block let alone an international one. Sure; they can request BUT there is a process which takes place before the block is lifted in which this process has likely not been followed correctly. I purposely am not going to discuss the process taken here in the interests of security however the solution is not straight forward. The type and method of block can also differ in that it could be IMEI, IMSI, IMEISV, Serial Number, Localization, SP, National, International, Reported Stolen ETC. If you was in the UK we can remove any block even international however you would need to prove the purchase was legitimate and we would need to be satisfied and a receipt from eBay would not cut it I'm afraid. From an unofficial route It would involve changing/force injecting an IMEI from a redundant phone along with other information to enable cell communication to be restored which we have done but only for legitimate legal requests. Common requests are to retrieve data from a mobile device where that data is deemed critical to business however this can prove expensive and cannot be 100% guaranteed depending on the damage to the IC. Private message me with your IMEI; i can give you the information required to follow this up yourself.. Obviously this topic is not really MS Access related as you would have a better response if posted on Mobile Device forums...

Last edited:

Mikecolady

Local time
Today, 17:00
Hello guys,

Now, what should I do? Is there any third party service like iPhone Activation Lock Solutions by UnlockMaker that can help in this matter or I can do it by myself?

Cheers,
Thanks all of you guys for your prompt response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom