Removing white space between fields on a datasheet (1 Viewer)

diberlee

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:30
Hi,

I'm using a datasheet in a database and have recently been asked to add some conditional formatting to certain entries. I've managed to do that, but I cannot for the life of tme figure out how to remove the white space between fields. See attached image for an example

So far I have tried hiding gridlines, setting them transparent, removed margins, removed padding, and setting just about everything that is to do with borders to transparent in the properties list.

None of the above seems to affect how the fields display, in fact turning gridlines on and setting them really thick and a different colour doesn't change how it displays. Is this a bug with conditional formatting in Access, or am I missing something obvious that's overwriting my formatting selections?

Regards
Duane

Attachments

• example.png
    example.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 166

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 21:30
That gridline is there to distinguish between controls because the conditional format affects individual controls in this case, so there has to be a distinction. It's only the back colour of the section and transparent controls that will give you the effect that you're after. This is only possible in a Continuous Form.

diberlee

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:30
Thanks vbaInet, I'll colour the text rather than the background for now and perhaps look at a continuous form as an alterrnative later on.

I've done some tinkering and realised that none of the display options I select for a datasheet register. For example in design view I select all gridlines and the thickest border. I set the background of the form to red. The design view updates to reflect these changes, but when I return to datasheet view it still has the default formatting.

Only the options that display under the contextual "datasheet" ribbon while in datasheet view will register and affect the way it displays. When I go to design view there is the contextual "Form Design tools" ribbon with 3 sections, it is these ones that don't affect the actual datasheet in any way. It's a bit misleading and rather frustrating since I've spent about an hour fiddling with this trying to get it to look nice. Oh well, a lesson learned

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 21:30
The Gridline properties you were changing are for design view, form and continuous view and only affects the control that currently has the focus. They aren't for the datasheet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom