Replace #Num! with 0 (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:16
Ravi,
I just want you to understand that you didn't offend me. People with nothing better to do who hang out here eventually run across a post where I've spoken of my husband or my grandchildren and they assume I'm female and Old. Both are correct;)

MajP got us all with his PC rant. I think the US isn't the only country suffering from Political Correctness. I think the UK, Canada, and some other European countries do as well. It is a sad state for the world when people are not allowed to say what they think for fear of offending someone else. Once the PC police control what you say (I believe both Canada and the UK have new laws preventing "hate" speech), we are not far from them controlling what we think. The problem with the "hate" speech laws is who gets to determine what speech is hateful? The US Constitution specifically guarantees free speech. The whole point of the First Amendment is to protect speech we hate not speech we agree with. The "liberal" (now that's an oxymoron if I ever heard one) leaning people want to shut down Free Speech in the US and have almost succeeded in colleges and businesses. 50 years ago, the liberals were the champions of free speech on college campuses. Now ANTIFA shuts anything the "liberals" don't like down.

OK, I'm done with the political sidebar. If I don't shut up soon, someone from the PC committee will almost certainly complain to the management that I am discussing politics in a technical forum.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 07:16
HI Pat
Yes I agree. After the first paragraph that was indeed off topic! :)
Lets give Ravi a break please!

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:16
Collin, Did chastising me make you feel good and righteous? or are you joking too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom