Report based on a parameter query (1 Viewer)

jrs

Local time
Today, 21:52
I have a report that is based on two queries. The first query requires a parameter (date) which is placed in a field in the query results. The second query uses the parameter date field in the first query to perform a calculation to determine the number of years between the parameter date and a second date. My report is based on the fields in the second query and include the calculated number of years.

In the report, I want to include the parameter date entered in the first query in the header. When I followed the help file for "Print the criteria for a report in the report header", it works. However, I have to enter the parameter twice. The first time, it is in "date format" and the second is text.

My first question is how can I do this without entering the date parameter twice?

My second question is how do I prevent the number of years (carried out to two decimal places) from rounding up?

Data base programs are new to me, but I'm having fun with Access. Thanks for your help in advance.

Chris RR

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:52
For your first question, you say that your first query puts the date parameter into a data field. Have your second query include this data field in its output. Then use that data field in your report.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom