Report columns change on export to Excel (1 Viewer)

AnilBagga

Local time
Today, 14:12
I have a report linked to a query. I changed the names of report headers with spaces eg "Customs Duty paid by" is the report column header where the field name is "CustomsDutyBy"

When I export using the External Data Excel tab, the report header become field names!

The option of export with formatting is greyed out. Is this the reason? How do I set it right?

See the 3 screenshots enclosed

Attachments

• C3.JPG
    C3.JPG
    10.3 KB · Views: 152
  • C2.JPG
    C2.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 150
  • C1.JPG
    C1.JPG
    10.2 KB · Views: 195

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:42
exporting data will use field names. But fields have a caption property - so enter your 'spaced' name there, either in the table or (probably better as it is less confusing) the report recordsource query . It should then export using the caption as the column name. Try it with one field to check it works

AnilBagga

Local time
Today, 14:12
exporting data will use field names. But fields have a caption property - so enter your 'spaced' name there, either in the table or (probably better as it is less confusing) the report recordsource query . It should then export using the caption as the column name. Try it with one field to check it works
Thank you 🙏 (y)

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:42
of course, you can always modify the select part your query to

SELECT CustomDutyBy AS [Custom Duty By], .....

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:42
I don't use the Caption property ever. Although in recent years, MS has fixed some of the bad things that Captions cause. I prefer the alias method in the export query if you want the names to be more user friendly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom