Report Date Format Different (1 Viewer)

T

Theman

Help! I created a database which is sitting on a server and is accessed by several different groups. I created the report to show this format-2/1/01. When I access it and preview the report no problem. However, another user from a different computer accesses it and the date is 2/1/2001! We are accessing the same data so how come this is occurring? This is causing a problem because the field is big enough to accomodate the short date but not the longer one so the report looks quite messy. Any ideas? Thanks.

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:04
The format of a date object is determined by the format of the object in the report, not by the format of the underlying data.

T

Theman

I think you missed the point of my question. Users are accessing the same database which means when they pick on the report they are looking at the same report which is built on the same database table. One computer is displaying the report with the long date and another computer viewing the same report is getting the short date. Why the discrepancy in display formats?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:04
If you don't specify a specific date format for a control, Access uses the default Windows date format which can be different on each machine. So if you don't want this to happen, modify the form to use a specific date format so the date will display in the space you have allowed on the form.

FYI, regardless of how dates are formatted for display, they are ALL stored internally by Access as serial numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom