Report field question (1 Viewer)

lwallis

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:15
Add textbox to show Max subtotal???

See PDF example...

How can I get Employee Billy Johnson to show on one line with a total of 1.25? (0.5 + 0.75 = 1.25)
I need to merge the two lines and only show something like this:

Division Manager Billy Johnson $44,174.60 1.25

I don't know if this will help:
SQL behind the report:
SELECT BRANCH.Branch, EMP.EmployeeName, EMP.Salary, EMP.Active, DIVPAY.PCB, DIVPAY.PayIncrease, BRANCH.BranchID, ROLE.Role, ROLE.RoleID, ([Salary]+([Salary]*[PayIncrease]))+(([Salary]+([Salary]*[PayIncrease]))*[PCB]) AS TEC, INSTRUCTOR.Utilized
FROM (ROLE INNER JOIN ((DIV INNER JOIN (BRANCH INNER JOIN EMP ON BRANCH.[BranchID] = EMP.[BranchID]) ON DIV.[DivID] = BRANCH.[DivID]) INNER JOIN DIVPAY ON DIV.[DivID] = DIVPAY.[DivID]) ON ROLE.RoleID = EMP.RoleID) LEFT JOIN INSTRUCTOR ON EMP.EmployeeID = INSTRUCTOR.EmployeeID
WHERE (((EMP.Active)="Active"))
ORDER BY BRANCH.Branch;

Thank you,
Lynda

Attachments

• rptBBTBranch.pdf
    34.2 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

lwallis

Registered User.
Local time
Maybe I'm going about this the wrong way.... I have created a query that incremintally adds the percent utilized for each employee. so the last line in the query for each employee has the total percent.

Can I update a field in the employee table called "utilized" based on the last line for each employee from the query? I'm grasping now :)

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 12:15
Is this even possible?
I think it is, but looking at you query and then in the report find out from where the different values come from isn't easy, (do you think you where able to do it, if you didn't know you data(base)? :)).
The best you can do is post a stripped running version of your database with some sample data, (zip it) + information about the report name

lwallis

Registered User.
Local time
I think it is, but looking at you query and then in the report find out from where the different values come from isn't easy, (do you think you where able to do it, if you didn't know you data(base)? :)).
The best you can do is post a stripped running version of your database with some sample data, (zip it) + information about the report name
I will post it as soon as I can... Thank you JHB you have saved me on this project before!

lwallis

Registered User.
Local time
Here it is! Thank you once again!!

Attachments

• Example1.zip
    85.6 KB · Views: 71

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 12:15
Are you aware of that the field type for the Utilized is text, therefore it can't be summed. I've change in the attached database.

Attachments

• Example1.zip
    61.7 KB · Views: 66

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom