Report Fields (1 Viewer)

Zharia

Local time
Today, 00:54
I am working with the template "Order Entry". I need to put a description field on my report that is located in a table in "Order details". However when I try to put the control in, it doesnt give me the option. I created a query but it does not give me that option either. I will give me the option of accessing the same information from the "orders" table. However when I fill out my "form", the information doesnt show in the "orders" table, hence there is no information for my report. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Rich@ITTC

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Zharia

Sorry, but your description of your problem is a little confusing (perhaps you are confused by Access!). Your form will have the fields available in the Field List - the button to the left of the "Hammer & Spanner" aka Toolbox button is the one to use on the Toolbar when in Design View. If the Descrition field isn't there you will need to alter your underlying query or SQL to bring that field in from the table where it does exist. That may well mean adding and linking another table to the undelying query.

(This is not dissimilar to the problem with your Report - see that reply as well).

HTH

Rich

[This message has been edited by Rich@ITTC (edited 11-07-2000).]

Zharia

Local time
Thank you for your reply Rich and I apologise if Ive confused you. Unfortunately I still am. Hopefully I can do better at my describing my problem.
I have one Order Details table. I have a subform(Order Details subform) that allows me access to the fields in the order details table. From this information I can do my report. One of the fields in my order details table is called "Description" , however when I view my report, it will not show me the text that is recorded in this field. The field shows the text ok in datasheet view in my table. It also is correct in my subform. Im just having problems with it on my report.

I dont have any queries. The only things I use is the table and the subform.

I hope this is better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom