Report Images (1 Viewer)

deagio

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:57
Hi,

I am trying to make an image appear on my reports from the internet, I have the URL in a field on the form but i would rather display the actual image.

I have managed to display the image using the 'Web Browser' component on the forms but this doesnt work on the reports!

If anyone had any suggestions that would be great, I have attached an image so hopefully you can understand my problem better!

Thanks,

James

Attachments

• reportsigdemo.gif
    reportsigdemo.gif
    6.9 KB · Views: 108

deagio

Registered User.
Local time
Text box

Hi,

It shows up just in a normal text box.

Thanks,

James

reclusivemonkey

Registered User.
Local time
Try making the field an OLE Object type and making it embedded rather than linked. I'd stick the URLs in another table first before you change it just in case though.

deagio

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

Hi,

Thanks for the tip, I've just had a try at making it an OLE object and i cant find how to do it, is there a special way to do it? I'm using access 2003.

Thanks!

James

reclusivemonkey

Registered User.
Local time
You change the field type just like you would any other. Go into your Table in design view, go to the data type column, click on the drop down and choose OLE type. Choose "From file" when entering data in and don't make it a link. It should display the picture in the report.

deagio

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

Hi,

I've been through the table design and there is no sign of any OLE object types and i also had a look on the server and it appears there is no way to convert this field to an OLE object type.

If anyone could help with this enigma it would be great!

Thanks,

James

deagio

Registered User.
Local time
Solution!

Hi,

Just to let you know i managed to fix this problem with the following code:

Private Sub CommandPNT_Click()
Dim stDocName As String

On Error GoTo Err_CommandPNT_Click

DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord
stDocName = "repInvFrm"
'DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview, , "[Delivery_SigRef] = " & " ' " & Me!Delivery_SigRef & " ' "
DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acNormal, , "[Delivery_SigRef] = " & "'" & Me!Delivery_SigRef & "'"
Exit_CommandPNT_Click:
Exit Sub

Err_CommandPNT_Click:
MsgBox Err.Description
Resume Exit_CommandPNT_Click

End Sub

I'm just mystified with the task of showing an image from the web on a report, where the url of the image is stored in a field.

Thanks

James

reclusivemonkey

Registered User.
Local time
Here's how to set the OLE Object data type. I am using Access 2002, maybe something has changed in 2003.

Attachments

• d'oh.gif
    d'oh.gif
    9.9 KB · Views: 103

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom