Report orientation (1 Viewer)

KACJR

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:16
Greetings to the well of knowledge...

This one has me gobsmacked.

I have an Access 2016 front end with an SQL Server back end, with several reports, running on Windows 10 (fully updated). Some of these reports are landscape. All of my users, save one, get a landscape report when they print these specific reports.

But I have one user whose reports will not print landscape no matter what I do. He has a small USB-connected HP single-user printer on his desktop and he has access to a large Konica copier/printer/scanner and a large Canon copier/printer/scanner; the printer used doesn't matter. The print layout settings indicate landscape but it's as though Access doesn't care, I'll do what I feel like :LOL:. I have also had him export the report to a PDF instead of going to a printer...no love.

I have uncompiled/recompiled the front end on the off chance his copy was corrupted...still no love.

I've not yet uninstalled/reinstalled Access 2016 on his device. I might do that next but I'm not hopeful.

Otherwise, I've run out of ideas. Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Ken

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 13:16
check the printer setting in PRINTERS,
printer properties
advanced
somewhere there could be a checkbox labeled: USE PRINTER SETTINGS.
this will ignore what the report says to do. UNCHECK THIS so it will follow the report commands.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:16
If that doesn't work, try changing the user's default printer and see if that helps. The default printer driver is used to render the report.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom