report search (1 Viewer)

Pioneer

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:30
hi, i have one question regarding report generation? i am new in report generation.
I have one report which called rptWeeklyStaff , this report shown me details of Employees of the Department . in my Organization there are so many Department , about more than 25 Departments, I only able to fetch only one department detail,
I want to create one msgbox which ask me Department Number and according that i can fetch that department Employee Details.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The simplest way is to base your report on a query and put

[Enter department]

in the criteria of the department field.

Pioneer

Registered User.
Local time
how to assign Query?

I already create query, but how to assign query into the report.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
In the report's properties, look at the Data tab.

Pioneer

Registered User.
Local time
another q?

but the thing is how to track by HomeDepartment number, it shown into the Report Header.

and second thing, i put HomeDeptNumber inside where condition , I have 10 digit dept number, i have only enter first four digit and gives me a detail report. for that what can i do?

Pioneer

Registered User.
Local time
I have cumbersome problem?

but the thing is how to track by HomeDepartment number, it shown into the Report Header.

and second thing, i put HomeDeptNumber inside where condition , I have 10 digit dept number, i have only enter first four digit and gives me a detail report. for that what can i do?

tarcona

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:30
Make a query. Include the fields that you want to show in your report. Fiddle with the criteria in the query because that is the most important part. Then make a form based on the query and make some buttons to open up the report. Finally save the query as a report. And you should be good.

To only search on 4 out of the 10 numbers you can do wildcards. Look up wildcards in the search functionality of the forum.

Typically they start with an astericks, but they may get fancy...

If you need help, PM me and send me your database in 2000 format.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom