Report spillover when printing (1 Viewer)

adhoustonj

Local time
Yesterday, 19:47
Hello AWF,
I've spent the last two days trying to figure this out and am not having a good time.

I have a report that is sent to a PDF file which has been working well, but one of the users is getting spillover on the report and it is adding extra pages. For other users it is working okay. I've went through the page setup and all is within margins. I've also set to use the default printer when generating the PDF.

Can anyone tell me what I am missing, or can I make sure this report fits to 1 page wide?

Code:
Private Sub cmd_excel_Click()

Dim reportName As String
reportName = Forms!frmPCDsingle!pcd & ".pdf"
DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "rptPCDtoPDFAllZone", acFormatPDF, reportName, True, , , acExportQualityScreen

End Sub

rpt_spillover.JPG
rpt_112.JPG

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 16:47
Have you tried updating the pdf printer driver on the computer having the problem?

adhoustonj

Local time
Have you tried updating the pdf printer driver on the computer having the problem?
I have not. We are using Microsoft Print to PDF. Sounds like that needs to be the next thing that I do then. Thanks

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 16:47
I have not. We are using Microsoft Print to PDF. Sounds like that needs to be the next thing that I do then. Thanks
I'd say it couldn't hurt. Also, check if the other computer has a different pdf printer set as default.

adhoustonj

Local time
I did verify this morning that the trouble user's PC also has Microsoft Print to PDF set as default. I need to reach out to IT about reinstalling/updating the driver. Thanks for your input.

I had them try 2 versions of the db also - 1 with the report set as use specific printer and selected Microsoft Print to PDF, and then distributed the test FE, and also another version with use default. Both produced the same spillover version of the report.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:47
The problem with spillover - particularly with PDF drivers - is the print settings on that selected physical printer. If you play with the dots-per-inch setting on the printer, you might get some better, more consistent results. BUT if it is a printer that more than one person in your group uses, and if different people see different results from the same printer, then check the default settings for the default printer. MSFT drivers will attempt to honor the default settings by sending resolution information with the print job. Your problem could be there.

adhoustonj

Local time
The problem with spillover - particularly with PDF drivers - is the print settings on that selected physical printer. If you play with the dots-per-inch setting on the printer, you might get some better, more consistent results. BUT if it is a printer that more than one person in your group uses, and if different people see different results from the same printer, then check the default settings for the default printer. MSFT drivers will attempt to honor the default settings by sending resolution information with the print job. Your problem could be there.
Multiple users do use the same physical office printer when printing hard copies - but only one of the users that share the printer is having this spillover problem.

There doesn't seem to be adjustable dpi settings in the printer properties.

img_printerproperties.JPG

adhoustonj

Local time
Removing the acExportQualityScreen also produces the same results as before on the trouble PC.

Code:
Private Sub cmd_excel_Click()

Dim reportName As String
reportName = Forms!frmPCDsingle!pcd & ".pdf"
DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "rptPCDtoPDFAllZone", acFormatPDF, reportName, True

End Sub

apr pillai

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:17

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom